Apple teases Black Friday deals on iPads, iPhones, Macs
Online deals will be available after midnight on Thanksgiving, Apple confirsm; no specifics yet
Network World - Black Friday is one of the few times during the year that Apple knocks down its iPad, iPhone and Mac prices, and the company has confirmed it will offer its version of bargains during a one-day shopping event on Nov. 29.
[FIRST LOOK:Apple iPad Air & More]
Apple hasn't released pricing specifics, only saying that deals will be available online after midnight on Thanksgiving and at Apple stores on Friday. The company is pushing an Apple Store app to make purchasing simpler.
Apple typically knocks about $100 off Macs and about $50 off iPads, depending on the models. Free shipping is also usually part of the deals.
While other retailers that sell Apple products typically aren't allowed to mark down prices, they often get around this by bundling gift cards with iPads, iPhones and Macs.A For example, Target has a doorbuster on the iPad mini (non-Retina display) A for $300 with WiFi and 16GB of storage. It comes with a $75 Target gift card. An iPad Air with WiFi and 16GB of storage goes for $480 and you get a $100 Target gift card. Staples has already cut $50 off the iPad Air WiFi model with 16GB of storage to $450. Best Buy is cutting the price on iPad 2 with WiFi and 16GB to $300, which is $100 off the usual price.A
Read more about anti-malware in Network World's Anti-malware section.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts