More Android smartphones are coming: Galaxy S 4 Zoom and Moto G
The Moto G is thought to be low-cost version of the Moto X
Computerworld - More Android smartphones are scheduled to hit the market in preparation for holiday sales.
AT&T will launch the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Zoom on Friday, Nov. 8, while Motorola is teasing the Moto G for Nov. 13.
The 4.3-in. Zoom will cost $199.99 with a two-year pact, or $25 a month on installment, AT&T announced. It runs Android Jelly Bean over 4G LTE and features a 16-megapixel camera with 10x optical zoom on the rear. There's also a 1.9 megapixel front camera.
Samsung specs show the Zoom has a Pega dual-core chip and a 2330 mAh battery.
The Moto G is reportedly a low-priced entry-level version of the Moto X, which sells as a developer edition, unlocked, for $650.
All Motorola would say in a graphic of the globe emblazoned with a Motorola brand "M" was "Save the Date, 13 November 2013." The globe likely indicates a global launch.
Some reports, including at Androidandme, indicate the Moto G could have an unlocked price $215, even with a quad-core processor.
Last week, Sprint announced four new smartphones, including three for Nov. 8: the Samsung Galaxy Mega for $199.99 and the Galaxy S 4 mini for $99.99, as well as the LG G2 for $199.99. The HTC One max will also be available soon for $249.99, Sprint said.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- EndPoint Interactive eGuide In this eGuide, Network World, Computerworld, and CIO examine two endpoint trends - BYOD and collaboration - and offer tips and advice on...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!