Citrix's XenMobile 8.6 to offer one-touch entry into mobile GoToMeeting
Users can sign into Worx apps with a simple PIN
Computerworld - Citrix today announced the latest version of its XenMobile v8.6 enterprise mobility management platform, which allows users to enter GoToMeetings by simply clicking on a calendar alert.
The upgrade, which will be available next month, more tightly integrates Citrix's GoToMeeting web-hosted video conferencing with its ShareFile and GoToAssist cloud-based IT admin controls.
With the new one-touch feature, users can automatically launch and join an online meeting -- using Citrix GoToMeeting or other meeting services -- directly from their calendars. Or a dial-in option can be used to auto-dial the conference number and participant code for mobile users.
"Typically, what people will do if they're driving is write the passcode on a sticky note and put it on their dashboard. Then when it's time to enter the meeting, they'll type it in while they're driving. That's dangerous," said Ahmed Datoo, vice president of Citrix XenMobile.
The new fast authentication feature allows mobile users to access work applications with a personal identification number (PIN). Similar to an ATM PIN number, the feature eliminates the need to type multi-character passwords to access each of https://www.citrix.com/products/worx-mobile-apps/overview.html Citrix's Worx apps. The new feature uses a dual-authentication process where PINs are combined with user specific digital certificate to ensure security.
XenMobile now also allows IT admins to quickly mobilize users with single-step device enrollments and auto configuration of secure email through a wizards-based deployment.
Additionally, Citrix is offering a new multi-site support infrastructure that includes global load-balancing. The XenMobile upgrade allows businesses to quickly mobilize remote offices by using Citrix cloud servers in their geographic region to bring new business units or subsidiaries of acquired companies online with multi-domain support.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- How Four Citrix Customers Solved the Enterprise Mobility Challenge Managing mobile devices, data and all types of apps-Windows, datacenter, web and native mobile- through a single solution.
- 8 Steps to Fill the Mobile Enterprise Application Gap Traveling executives and Millennials alike expect to communicate, collaborate and access their important work applications and data from anywhere on whatever device they...
- Seattle Children's Accelerates Citrix Login Times by 500% with Cross-Tier Insight Seattle Children's is a leading research hospital with a large and growing Citrix XenDesktop deployment. With ExtraHop, the IT team at Seattle Children's...
- McKesson Makes Application Hosting for Hospitals Faster, More Efficient With ExtraHop, McKesson identified the root cause of slow Citrix XenApp application launches and adopted a more intelligent, proactive IT operations model that...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts