Citrix's XenMobile 8.6 to offer one-touch entry into mobile GoToMeeting
Users can sign into Worx apps with a simple PIN
Computerworld - Citrix today announced the latest version of its XenMobile v8.6 enterprise mobility management platform, which allows users to enter GoToMeetings by simply clicking on a calendar alert.
The upgrade, which will be available next month, more tightly integrates Citrix's GoToMeeting web-hosted video conferencing with its ShareFile and GoToAssist cloud-based IT admin controls.
With the new one-touch feature, users can automatically launch and join an online meeting -- using Citrix GoToMeeting or other meeting services -- directly from their calendars. Or a dial-in option can be used to auto-dial the conference number and participant code for mobile users.
"Typically, what people will do if they're driving is write the passcode on a sticky note and put it on their dashboard. Then when it's time to enter the meeting, they'll type it in while they're driving. That's dangerous," said Ahmed Datoo, vice president of Citrix XenMobile.
The new fast authentication feature allows mobile users to access work applications with a personal identification number (PIN). Similar to an ATM PIN number, the feature eliminates the need to type multi-character passwords to access each of https://www.citrix.com/products/worx-mobile-apps/overview.html Citrix's Worx apps. The new feature uses a dual-authentication process where PINs are combined with user specific digital certificate to ensure security.
XenMobile now also allows IT admins to quickly mobilize users with single-step device enrollments and auto configuration of secure email through a wizards-based deployment.
Additionally, Citrix is offering a new multi-site support infrastructure that includes global load-balancing. The XenMobile upgrade allows businesses to quickly mobilize remote offices by using Citrix cloud servers in their geographic region to bring new business units or subsidiaries of acquired companies online with multi-domain support.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- Five Steps to Achieve Success in your Application Security Program This white paper provides a general framework your organization can use to create or build upon an application security program. It includes guidelines...
- Unlock the Value of Enterprise Mobility Download this guide and learn how to manage the secure deployment of enterprise mobile apps and data, while still encouraging the levels of...
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps Switching to Google Apps halved Quadmark's IT admin costs while achieving 10% time savings per employee. The global consulting firm now spends 80%...
- Manufacturing Outlook: Improving time to market, operational effectiveness and innovation in a highly competitive environment An enterprise project portfolio management solution can help manufacturers position themselves in the new competitive landscape.
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts