Citrix's XenMobile 8.6 to offer one-touch entry into mobile GoToMeeting
Users can sign into Worx apps with a simple PIN
Computerworld - Citrix today announced the latest version of its XenMobile v8.6 enterprise mobility management platform, which allows users to enter GoToMeetings by simply clicking on a calendar alert.
The upgrade, which will be available next month, more tightly integrates Citrix's GoToMeeting web-hosted video conferencing with its ShareFile and GoToAssist cloud-based IT admin controls.
With the new one-touch feature, users can automatically launch and join an online meeting -- using Citrix GoToMeeting or other meeting services -- directly from their calendars. Or a dial-in option can be used to auto-dial the conference number and participant code for mobile users.
"Typically, what people will do if they're driving is write the passcode on a sticky note and put it on their dashboard. Then when it's time to enter the meeting, they'll type it in while they're driving. That's dangerous," said Ahmed Datoo, vice president of Citrix XenMobile.
The new fast authentication feature allows mobile users to access work applications with a personal identification number (PIN). Similar to an ATM PIN number, the feature eliminates the need to type multi-character passwords to access each of https://www.citrix.com/products/worx-mobile-apps/overview.html Citrix's Worx apps. The new feature uses a dual-authentication process where PINs are combined with user specific digital certificate to ensure security.
XenMobile now also allows IT admins to quickly mobilize users with single-step device enrollments and auto configuration of secure email through a wizards-based deployment.
Additionally, Citrix is offering a new multi-site support infrastructure that includes global load-balancing. The XenMobile upgrade allows businesses to quickly mobilize remote offices by using Citrix cloud servers in their geographic region to bring new business units or subsidiaries of acquired companies online with multi-domain support.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- Fast and Furious: How SAS VA Helps IT Deliver BI Platform Read this whitepaper to learn more about the benefits of self-service BI to make business critical decisions.
- API Playbook: Drive API Adoption Through Developer Engagement Learn the best practices of how to engage developers, whether your goal is to attract external developers to your public APIs or improve...
- Leverage the Power of APIs to Turbocharge Your Mobile Strategy: 7 Steps to a Successful API Program In this guide, Intel® Services-which offers industry-leading API management solutions for over 150 top enterprises, including Best Buy, Netflix, Expedia, ESPN, and The...
- IDG Research Survey: Are you Paying Too Much for Your NMS? Feel like you're paying too much for network monitoring? You're not alone. This survey brief summarizes findings from research recently fielded by IDG...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Tips to Simplify Database Administration and Development Make your job easier while getting the most from the leading productivity tool for database professionals. Learn tips from Dell Software's Oracle® ACE,... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts