Vine mimes Instagram with new editing features
Users can now edit their videos without having to do a retake
IDG News Service - Twitter's Vine video sharing app and Instagram now share a useful feature: editing.
On Thursday, Vine announced a tool called "time travel," which lets users remove, reorganize or replace any shot in a post before they share it with others. Previously, Vine users had two options if they didn't like their video: either stick with it and carry on or delete it and start from scratch.
Letting users delete and swap around clips within their videos should give them more leeway, but they still have a tight window to work with because Vine videos must be between three and six seconds long.
With editing, Vine gains a feature that Instagram has had since it launched its video mode this past June. In that app, users can delete the most recent shot within a video before they upload it.
Vine also announced another feature called "sessions," which lets users save a post and come back to it later before uploading it. People can work on up to 10 posts at once or as much as a full minute of video.
The new version of the app was made available Thursday for both iOS and Android-based devices.
Vine gained several other features in July, including new channels for finding and uploading video, a way to "revine" videos like a retweet on Twitter, and an option to make posts viewable only by approved people.
Vine still doesn't have a video import tool like Instagram does. While Instagram lets users import previously shot videos from their camera roll, videos on Vine must be shot within the app.
Twitter launched the Vine service earlier this year, to give users a way to post quick and snappy six-second videos on loop, similar to a 140-character tweet.
- Why Projects Fail CIOs are expected to deliver more projects that transform business, and do so on time, on budget and with limited resources.
- The New Business Case for Video Conferencing: 7 Real-World Benefits Beyond Cost-Savings This whitepaper provides insight into the value of video conferencing in today's business environment, and how organizations are using visual collaboration to find...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Social Media White Papers | Webcasts