Intel chip chief Dadi Perlmutter to leave company
Once a candidate for the post of CEO, he is leaving to pursue other opportunities
IDG News Service - Once considered a likely candidate for Intel's CEO job, Dadi Perlmutter, executive vice president and general manager of the Intel Architecture Group, is leaving the company.
Perlmutter is leaving the company of his own accord, said Chuck Mulloy, an Intel spokesman. His last day will be Feb. 20 of next year.
"He's looking forward to pursuing other opportunities," Mulloy said. "We're happy for him personally."
Perlmutter was considered a top candidate to replace former CEO Paul Otellini, but the position went to another internal candidate, Brian Krzanich, formerly chief operating officer and senior vice president. Renee James, another internal CEO candidate who previously was senior vice president and general manager of software and services, was promoted to president.
Perlmutter was seen by as an odd man out after some of his duties were distributed in the midst of multiple management shakeups over the last two years. Industry observers said it was only a matter of time until he departed the company.
Perlmutter could have continued with the company and had "some other options to contribute," Mulloy said, but did not provide details.
Perlmutter has been with Intel for 34 years. He was credited by Mulloy for the company's success in the PC and server processor markets.
"Intel's success in those markets was because of the work that Dadi did as a manager of those groups," Mulloy said.
- The Social Business: Unlocking the collective knowledge of people Five years ago, IBM observed the planet was becoming instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. 20,000 engagements later, here's what we know and believe about...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- Enabling Unified Service Delivery Management With the nGeniusONE Platform Today's IT organizations manage diverse business services comprising a host of applications running on many server farms within the data center.
- Transform Your Data Center from Basic to Strategic by Increasing Operational Efficiency and Optimizing Intelligence Find out how data center and facilities management are able to use DCIM solutions and a pioneering "zone" approach to bridge the information...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Zoning in on Energy and Physical Infrastructure Management In this Webcast you will learn how to develop and execute a strategy to optimize the energy efficiency of your data center. All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts