Intel chip chief Dadi Perlmutter to leave company
Once a candidate for the post of CEO, he is leaving to pursue other opportunities
IDG News Service - Once considered a likely candidate for Intel's CEO job, Dadi Perlmutter, executive vice president and general manager of the Intel Architecture Group, is leaving the company.
Perlmutter is leaving the company of his own accord, said Chuck Mulloy, an Intel spokesman. His last day will be Feb. 20 of next year.
"He's looking forward to pursuing other opportunities," Mulloy said. "We're happy for him personally."
Perlmutter was considered a top candidate to replace former CEO Paul Otellini, but the position went to another internal candidate, Brian Krzanich, formerly chief operating officer and senior vice president. Renee James, another internal CEO candidate who previously was senior vice president and general manager of software and services, was promoted to president.
Perlmutter was seen by as an odd man out after some of his duties were distributed in the midst of multiple management shakeups over the last two years. Industry observers said it was only a matter of time until he departed the company.
Perlmutter could have continued with the company and had "some other options to contribute," Mulloy said, but did not provide details.
Perlmutter has been with Intel for 34 years. He was credited by Mulloy for the company's success in the PC and server processor markets.
"Intel's success in those markets was because of the work that Dadi did as a manager of those groups," Mulloy said.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- eBook: An Executives' Guide: The Machine of the Future This eBook has been developed to help executives understand the value of M2M and IoT to enterprises. We will include a framework CEOs...
- Quantifying the Return on Investment: The Business Case for Machine-to-Machine Initiatives This paper uses real-world customer results and a set of key metrics to help executives and managers understand the return they should expect...
- Is There Still a Case for PMO? PMOs haven't always worked for all companies all of the time. Smart companies should review their PMO needs and activities through a PMO...
- Consequences of Poorly Performing Software Systems While performance issues are not always avoidable, their effects can be mitigated and often avoided by developing a keen understanding their causes and...
- How to Select the Right IoT Platform We are rapidly entering a world where almost everything will be connected to the cloud and managing these connected things and leveraging the...
- Integrated Infrastructure: Simplify Operations, Speed Deployments and Reduce Costs George Weiss, Gartner Vice President and Analyst, and Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE, provide practical information regarding the various aspects of Integrated Infrastructures... All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts