Twitter reportedly kicking off roadshow Oct. 25
With IPO expected to hit in November, Twitter execs soon will start meeting potential investors
Computerworld - Twitter reportedly is getting ready to begin its IPO roadshow on Oct. 28 and then begin trading on Nov. 15.
The company is set to hit the road and meet with high-level prospective investors, including Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan, between Oct. 25 and Nov. 6, according to a report from CNBC.com, which cited unnamed sources.
The company is expected to price its stock soon after the roadshow ends and launch its initial public offering on either Nov. 8 or Nov. 15, CNBC.com reported.
Twitter did not respond to a request for comment.
The micro-blogging company made famous by the 140-character tweet, is launching its IPO in the shadow of social network rival Facebook's troubled IPO in 2012. After Facebook took a year to stabilize its stock price after a disappointing launch, investors on and off Wall Street may be hesitant to put their money behind another social network.
Earlier this week, Twitter submitted an updated S-1 filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that showed the company lost almost as much money in the July-to-September quarter of this year as it did in the first six months of 2013.
However, the S-1 documents also showed that Twitter's revenue in the three-month period was $169 million, slightly more than double the revenue the company pulled in during the same quarter in 2012.
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, on Google+ or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Social Media in Computerworld's Social Media Topic Center.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Social Media White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!