Oracle acquires Compendium to boost online marketing wares
The company wants to expand its offerings for planning, producing, publishing marketing content
IDG News Service - Oracle has acquired Compendium in an effort to offer a more complete platform for online marketing.
Oracle didn't announce any financial details, but its acquisition of the Indianapolis-based company has closed, it said on Thursday.
Oracle was attracted to Compendium's data-driven approach to marketing, which lets companies plan, produce, publish and promote relevant content, and then analyze its performance.
Enterprise buyers are increasingly self-educating themselves on products and services using a variety of channels and online sources before making a decision, and vendors have to adapt to keep up, according to Oracle.
The capabilities of Compendium's platform include publishing content to websites, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social channels. It also has a planning tool for assigning drafts, writing, editing and getting multiple levels of approval, from one dashboard, according to Compendium's website.
This isn't a new segment for Oracle; Compendium's cloud-based platform will complement its existing Eloqua Marketing Cloud, it said.
For Compendium's existing customers it's business as usual, for now, according to Oracle. They should continue to use existing contacts for support and other ongoing needs. Oracle plans to communicate all changes and transitions through these familiar channels, it said in an FAQ on the acquisition.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The value of smarter oil and gas fields With global energy requirements continuing to rise, the exploration, development and production of new oil and gas resources are shifting to increasingly challenging...
- Smarter Environmental Analytics Solutions: Offshore Oil and Gas Installations Example This IBM Redbooks® Solution Guide describes a solution for implementing smarter environmental monitoring and analytics for oil and gas industries. The solution implements...
- Piecing Together the Business Intelligence Puzzle Business intelligence (BI) technology collects and analyzes company data, delivering relevant information to corporate decision-makers in an effort to produce favorable outcomes.
- Harness IT -- An Introduction to Business Intelligence Solutions Learn the key selection criteria required to provide your organization with the capability to address structured data, unstructured data and mobile demands so...
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- The Software-Defined Data Center: Is your ADC ready? Data center transformation is accelerating beyond virtualization to next-generation cloud architectures and software-defined data centers, bringing new challenges for application performance, scalability and...
- Application Acceleration: Optimize the End-User Experience Watch this on-demand webcast and learn how you can optimize your web content, accelerate performance across any device and browser combination, and offload... All Business Intelligence/Analytics White Papers | Webcasts