Acer's Iconia W4 Windows 8.1 tablet to start at $329.99
Acer's Iconia W4 tablet will have an 8-inch screen and Intel's Bay Trail chip
IDG News Service - Acer's much anticipated Iconia W4 tablet with Windows 8.1 will be available this month starting at $329.99 with 32GB of storage.
The tablet has Intel's quad-core Atom chip code-named Bay Trail. Acer has priced a 64GB model at $379.99.
The tablet is for productivity, web browsing and video, Acer said. The W4 will succeed the Iconia W3, which was announced last year and was the first Windows 8 tablet with a screen size under 10 inches.
The W4 offers eight hours of battery life when watching movies, and 10 hours when browsing the web, Acer said. It weighs 415 grams (14.6 ounces) and is 10.75 millimeters (.42 inches) thick.
The device is slightly heavier and thicker than some Windows 8.1 tablets with 8-inch screens that have already been announced. Dell's $299 Venue 8 Pro, Lenovo's $299 Miix2 and Toshiba's $329.99 Encore are the other announced 8-inch tablets that run on Bay Trail chips.
The Iconia W4 features are similar to other 8-inch tablets. The screen displays images at a 1280 x 800-pixel resolution. The W4 has a two-megapixel front camera and a 5-megapixel back camera. The tablet can be connected to a high-definition TV through an HDMI port.
Microsoft's Office Home and Student 2013 Edition productivity suite is pre-installed. Acer will offer optional keyboard and cover accessories.
Depending on the country, Microsoft is shipping Windows 8.1 to consumers on Oct. 17 and Oct. 18. Users of the Iconia W3 tablet will be able to upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1 through a free upgrade that will pushed to the tablet.
- Managing Social Content to Maximize Value and Minimize Risk In this AIIM white paper, you will learn about the roles of content publishing systems and content management systems in social business strategies...
- Enterprise Mobility Management Checklist Read this checklist for tips and considerations when creating your own Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategy.
- AIIM SharePoint Industry Watch AIIM surveyed its 65,000 community members to look at how the enterprise is reacting to social aspects, why organizations are exploring social, who...
- ACM Leadership Guide Knowledge worker effectiveness has emerged as a top priority to both optimize the customer experience and help employees work more efficiently. See how...
- Client Management: Simplifying Life for System Admins Watch this brief webinar to hear how implementing a client management strategy not only overcomes common Apple-ization challenges related to data protection &...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics... All Tablets White Papers | Webcasts