Measuring social media ROI takes off for Virgin America
CIO - Tony Amrich, manager of social media guest service at Virgin America, wanted insight into the current buzz his company was getting online.
He quickly pulled up a stat: 706 social posts about the airline in the prior 24 hours. He could see where those messages were posted--Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Google+--and track when someone from Virgin America responded.
Amrich and two colleagues, who together are the 6-year-old airline's social media team, use social media management software from Sprinklr to tally activity, schedule posts and engage with customers posting messages.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Social Media White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!