HP's first Windows 8.1 tablet to hit stores in November
HP also will roll out two new Android tablets
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard's first Windows 8.1 tablet will ship in November, along with Android tablets that have smaller screens and powerful graphics.
The Omni 10 will have Windows 8.1 and run on Intel's Atom Z3000 processor code-named Bay Trail. The tablet, with a 10-inch screen, will offer nine hours of battery life, according to the company. Specifications and pricing were not immediately available, but Intel has said that starting prices for Windows 8.1 tablets with Bay Trail chips could range from $350 to $500.
The Slate 7 Extreme and Slate 8 Pro Android tablets, which will run on Nvidia's Tegra 4 processors, also were announced Thursday. They are being positioned as all-purpose tablets for Web browsing, gaming and productivity. Tegra 4 is capable of supporting 4K displays and the chip is already used in Nvidia's Shield handheld gaming console for high-definition games.
After its TouchPad fiasco, HP reentered the consumer tablet market in February when it announced the Slate 7, which sells for US$139. The new tablets will join a lineup that also includes Slate 10 and SlateBook X2, a 10-inch Android tablet that sells for $479 with a keyboard.
HP also announced a range of hybrids and laptops starting at $599 that will ship in the coming months with Windows 8.1, which is due out on Oct. 17.
HP's new Spectre 13 Ultrabook has a 2550 x 1400 pixel touchscreen, with nine hours of battery life. It comes with a low-power fourth-generation Core processor code-named Haswell and is priced starting at $999. A version of the laptop with a detachable screen called the Spectre 13 X2 was also announced starting at $1,099. The laptops can be ordered starting Oct. 16, though a shipping date was not announced.
Also announced were two consumer-grade Pavilion laptops with detachable screens. The Pavilion 11 X2 has an 11.6-inch screen, while the Pavilion 13 X2 has a 13.3-inch screen. The laptops will come with either Intel's Haswell or Advanced Micro Devices' A6 processors and will be available in the U.S starting at $599.99.
- Managing Social Content to Maximize Value and Minimize Risk In this AIIM white paper, you will learn about the roles of content publishing systems and content management systems in social business strategies...
- Enterprise Mobility Management Checklist Read this checklist for tips and considerations when creating your own Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategy.
- AIIM SharePoint Industry Watch AIIM surveyed its 65,000 community members to look at how the enterprise is reacting to social aspects, why organizations are exploring social, who...
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- Client Management: Simplifying Life for System Admins Watch this brief webinar to hear how implementing a client management strategy not only overcomes common Apple-ization challenges related to data protection &...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics... All Tablets White Papers | Webcasts