Amazon redesigns Kindle app for iOS 7, adds Collections
The reader gets a new look and a better way to organize material
Computerworld - Many new iOS app updates are being released today to work with the new iOS 7 on iPhone 4 and later, but one free update expected to draw general interest is a major update to the Amazon Kindle for iOS reader.
The 4.0 Kindle update is optimized for iOS 7, and shares many of the flat design features central to Apple's latest mobile OS. Amazon's description says the design is based on "themes of deference, clarity and depth."
A new Collections feature in 4.0 lets users organize books, documents and magazines more easily. Content can be added to multiple categories.
For example, an Amazon spokeswoman said that "A Game of Thrones" could be categorized in both "My Favorites" and "Fantasy Epics."
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Mobile Apps in Computerworld's Mobile Apps Topic Center.
- Mission Critical: Managing Mobile Applications & Content Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices have become embedded in enterprise processes, thanks to the consumerization of IT and a new generation of...
- Use the Mobile App Mix to Choose an Enterprise App Store Strategy In this research report Gartner outlines how organizations can optimally secure, distribute, and manage mobile applications for employees and contracted workers.
- The Case for Mobile Apps Today's mobile apps turn handheld devices into e-book readers, portable navigation systems, digital wallets and more. And for organizations with mobile workers, they...
- Transforming enterprise applications for mobile environments This new white paper explains how Dell Application Modernization and Development Solution Set can help you understand when to develop new mobile apps,...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All Mobile Apps White Papers | Webcasts