Asus Transformer Book T100 tablet runs Bay Trail, Windows 8.1
Transformer Book T100 comes with a keyboard dock and is priced from at $349
IDG News Service - Asustek on Wednesday announced a new Windows 8.1 tablet called the Transformer Book T100, which starts at US$349 and runs on Intel's Atom chip code-named Bay Trail.
The new tablet has a 10.1-inch screen and a bundled detachable keyboard dock that turns the device into a laptop. The tablet weighs 544 grams, and offers a battery life of 11 hours. In laptop mode, the T100 weighs 1.08 kilograms.
The tablet runs on an Atom Z3740 quad-core processor code-named Bay Trail. The device was launched on the same day Intel announced shipments of Bay Trail chips. Toshiba and Dell have also announced Windows 8.1 tablets running on Bay Trail. Windows 8.1 tablets are expected to start shipping beginning later this month after Microsoft releases the OS.
The T100 will come with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013, which packs Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
The device is priced at $349 with 32GB of storage and $399 for 64GB of storage. An exact shipment date was not immediately provided.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!