Lenovo's ThinkPad T440 packs dual batteries, runs up to 17 hours
The new Thinkpads will be available worldwide in September
IDG News Service - Lenovo has introduced the ThinkPad T440, a laptop that comes with two batteries to provide up to 17 hours running time, the company said Tuesday.
The PC maker also introduced the ThinkPad X240, which also packs two batteries and gives up to 10 hours battery life.
Both product lines have one replaceable battery and one internal battery that can't be replaced. The replaceable battery can be changed without powering down, since the internal battery keeps the laptop running, Lenovo said.
The T440 has a 14-inch screen and starts at $899, while a similar, lighter model, the T440s, starts at $1,049. The laptops come with a choice of touch- or non-touch screen, both high-definition, and the OS options include Windows 8 or 7, Lenovo said. The laptops will be available worldwide starting in September.
The T440 and T440s both have an internal 3-cell battery, and a choice of a 3-cell or 6-cell replaceable battery that attaches at the base. The laptops are lighter than their predecessors despite having two batteries, according to Lenovo.
The T440s weighs 1.54 kilograms, compared with 1.76-kilogram for the existing T430s. It's made partly from carbon fiber, making it lighter than the new T440, which weighs around 1.8-kilograms. Both new models are 21-mm thick, an improvement from the T430s, which are 26mm thick.
The laptops run Intel "Haswell" Core processors. They come with up to 1TB of hard-drive storage or a 512GB solid-state drive (SSD), and up to 12GB of RAM. Ports include VGA, Mini-DisplayPort, mini-SD, USB 3.0 and Ethernet. The touchpad has been redesigned, though the red trackpoint navigation button within the keyboard has been retained.
The X240 has a 12.5-inch screen, weighs around 1.34Kg and starts at $1,099. It can be configured with a Haswell processor, 8GB of RAM, and either a 1TB hard drive or a smaller SSD. Lenovo didn't provide a capacity for the SSD. The X240 will be available in September.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Laptops White Papers | Webcasts