Apple's developer site overhaul continues following breach
Apple created a status page showing its progress in rebuilding its systems following last week's intrusion
IDG News Service - Apple is incrementally restoring its developer systems following an intrusion last week the company said may have divulged personal information about registered users.
The company created a new status page listing the various functions of its developer site, which is used to aid programmers in creating applications.
"We've been working around the clock to overhaul our developer systems, update our server software and rebuild our entire database," according to a notice.
iTunes Connect, a tool for distributing content, and Bug Reporter, for reporting software errors, are back online. But many other services, such as pre-release documentation, technical support and software downloads, remain down.
The systems scheduled to come online again next will be Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, Apple Developer Forums, Bug Reporter, pre-release developer libraries and videos, according to Apple's notice.
Software downloads, including the latest beta versions of iOS 7, Xcode 5, and OS X Mavericks, will come back online next followed by the remaining site components, Apple said.
Apple acknowledged on Sunday that an attacker tried to access personal information of the site's registered users. Although personal information was encrypted, Apple said the names of some developers plus their mailing or email addresses may have been accessed.
No credit card information or iTunes accounts were compromised, the company said.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me on Twitter: @jeremy_kirk
- 2013 Cyber Risk Report The "Cyber risk report 2013 Executive summary" presents the major findings of HP Security Research's comprehensive dive into today's cyber vulnerability and threat...
- Platfora Big Data Analytics for Network Security Platfora amplifies the effectiveness of network security analysis, providing Big Data Analytics capability to augment existing security infrastructure for known threats, and advanced...
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Cyberwarfare White Papers | Webcasts