Apple's developer site overhaul continues following breach
Apple created a status page showing its progress in rebuilding its systems following last week's intrusion
IDG News Service - Apple is incrementally restoring its developer systems following an intrusion last week the company said may have divulged personal information about registered users.
The company created a new status page listing the various functions of its developer site, which is used to aid programmers in creating applications.
"We've been working around the clock to overhaul our developer systems, update our server software and rebuild our entire database," according to a notice.
iTunes Connect, a tool for distributing content, and Bug Reporter, for reporting software errors, are back online. But many other services, such as pre-release documentation, technical support and software downloads, remain down.
The systems scheduled to come online again next will be Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, Apple Developer Forums, Bug Reporter, pre-release developer libraries and videos, according to Apple's notice.
Software downloads, including the latest beta versions of iOS 7, Xcode 5, and OS X Mavericks, will come back online next followed by the remaining site components, Apple said.
Apple acknowledged on Sunday that an attacker tried to access personal information of the site's registered users. Although personal information was encrypted, Apple said the names of some developers plus their mailing or email addresses may have been accessed.
No credit card information or iTunes accounts were compromised, the company said.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com. Follow me on Twitter: @jeremy_kirk
- 2013 Cyber Risk Report The "Cyber risk report 2013 Executive summary" presents the major findings of HP Security Research's comprehensive dive into today's cyber vulnerability and threat...
- Platfora Big Data Analytics for Network Security Platfora amplifies the effectiveness of network security analysis, providing Big Data Analytics capability to augment existing security infrastructure for known threats, and advanced...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the... All Cyberwarfare White Papers | Webcasts