Next-gen Nexus 7 on pre-order at Best Buy for $229.99 before Google's official unveiling
Pre-order listing includes two Nexus 7 versions: 16GB and 32 GB tablets
Computerworld - Google's next-generation Nexus 7 tablet is already on online pre-order at Best Buy starting at $229.99 for a 16 GB version, ahead of its official launch by Google later today.
The listing on Best Buy's website confirms predictions that it will run the new Android 4.3 OS and include two cameras: a 5 megapixel rear camera and a 1.2 megapixel front facing camera.
The listing puts the device's weight at 11.2 ounces with a 0.3-in. thickness.
The 7-in. LCD screen is 1920 x 1200 pixels, the Best Buy specs confirm. The Nexus 7 tablet has a Qualcomm S4 Pro processor clocked at 1.5 GHz.
Earlier today, Best Buy posted similar information and then removed it prior to Google's scheduled news conference at noon ET Wednesday.
Best Buy also lists a Nexus 7 with 32 GB at $269.99.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Enterprises in Motion: In-Vehicle Networks In a world where traditional tethers to the central office have all but vanished, enterprises that operate vehicle fleets require constant and dependable...
- Uninterrupted Internet: Maximizing Revenue and Minimizing Business Risk with 3G/4G Failover Whether your businesses are connected to the Internet via T1/T3, or Cable, incorporating a mobile broadband backup solution adds uptime whenever there is...
- Trends in Pop-up Retail: Innovative Merchandising Driven by Flexible, Dependable Mobile Connectivity This paper outlines the challenges and obstacles to successful implementation, and discusses existing, rapid-deployment solutions for connecting pop-up locations with mission-critical retail applications...
- Don't Believe the Hype: Not All Containers are Created Equal Hear executives discuss the 3 C's of Secure Mobility-content, credentials, and configurations-and learn the inherent security risks to your organization of using MDM...
- Navigating the New Wireless Landscape Thriving in the new wireless landscape View Now>> All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts