Jive improves gamification, analytics in enterprise social suite
The latest Jive upgrade also extends the integration capabilities of its StreamOnce add-on to Chatter, Yammer and Evernote.
IDG News Service - Jive is rolling out of its software assembly line a new version of its enterprise social networking (ESN) suite with enhanced gamification and sharper analytics, as well as deep integration with Salesforce.com's Chatter, Microsoft's Yammer and Evernote.
Nathan Rawlins, Jive product marketing vice president, said that with this latest quarterly update the company addressed key trends in ESN, like promoting engagement with the software via techniques like gamification; giving administrators usage analytics capabilities; and simplifying the way Jive is integrates with third-party systems.
Improvements in gamification include a reputation center where employees can view their current and completed "missions" and the points and badges they have earned. Managers now can also customize "missions" with more than 130 specific actions they want employees to engage in to accomplish business goals. The gamification capabilities in Jive are powered by Bunchball.
Analytics enhancements include the availability of what Jive describes as "ready made, easy to read" reports designed to pinpoint business areas that could be tweaked to advance the attainment of specific goals like hitting sales targets, enhancing onboarding of new employees and sharpening customer service.
Meanwhile, the Jive StreamOnce add-on, which automates and simplifies the process of integrating the ESN suite with third-party systems, has been extended with links to Chatter, Yammer and Evernote, which will be available in the coming weeks. It already supports integrations with Google's Gmail and Microsoft's Exchange email servers and with the Dropbox cloud storage and file sync/share service.
This latest Jive update also includes a revamping of the Jive Anywhere browser plugin to simplify the process of sharing content from the public Web within Jive communities.
Juan Carlos Perez covers enterprise communication/collaboration suites, operating systems, browsers and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Juan on Twitter at @JuanCPerezIDG.
- Unlocking the Promise of Demand Sensing and Shaping through Big Data Analytics Many organizations have limited insight into big data. These limitations have significant opportunity costs and can have a negative effect on identifying and...
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- Enterprise-Ready Sync From Day 1 There's no doubt consumer-grade sync and share solutions are convenient, but it's the risk they introduce to the enterprise that keeps IT leaders...
- File Sync and Share Made Simple Today's employees use multiple devices to get their work done. These mixed environments create new challenges for IT teams-IT admins are now tasked...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Social Business White Papers | Webcasts