Jive improves gamification, analytics in enterprise social suite
The latest Jive upgrade also extends the integration capabilities of its StreamOnce add-on to Chatter, Yammer and Evernote.
IDG News Service - Jive is rolling out of its software assembly line a new version of its enterprise social networking (ESN) suite with enhanced gamification and sharper analytics, as well as deep integration with Salesforce.com's Chatter, Microsoft's Yammer and Evernote.
Nathan Rawlins, Jive product marketing vice president, said that with this latest quarterly update the company addressed key trends in ESN, like promoting engagement with the software via techniques like gamification; giving administrators usage analytics capabilities; and simplifying the way Jive is integrates with third-party systems.
Improvements in gamification include a reputation center where employees can view their current and completed "missions" and the points and badges they have earned. Managers now can also customize "missions" with more than 130 specific actions they want employees to engage in to accomplish business goals. The gamification capabilities in Jive are powered by Bunchball.
Analytics enhancements include the availability of what Jive describes as "ready made, easy to read" reports designed to pinpoint business areas that could be tweaked to advance the attainment of specific goals like hitting sales targets, enhancing onboarding of new employees and sharpening customer service.
Meanwhile, the Jive StreamOnce add-on, which automates and simplifies the process of integrating the ESN suite with third-party systems, has been extended with links to Chatter, Yammer and Evernote, which will be available in the coming weeks. It already supports integrations with Google's Gmail and Microsoft's Exchange email servers and with the Dropbox cloud storage and file sync/share service.
This latest Jive update also includes a revamping of the Jive Anywhere browser plugin to simplify the process of sharing content from the public Web within Jive communities.
Juan Carlos Perez covers enterprise communication/collaboration suites, operating systems, browsers and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Juan on Twitter at @JuanCPerezIDG.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Shifting Gears: The Value of Customer-Driven Quality in Manufacturing In today's competitive manufacturing market, the customer must be the center of the quality universe. This paper details how manufacturers can improve customer...
- Unlocking the Promise of Demand Sensing and Shaping through Big Data Analytics Many organizations have limited insight into big data. These limitations have significant opportunity costs and can have a negative effect on identifying and...
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- AIIM SharePoint Industry Watch AIIM surveyed its 65,000 community members to look at how the enterprise is reacting to social aspects, why organizations are exploring social, who...
- Creating a Smarter Workforce for Market Leadership IBM executives, clients and industry experts will discuss how leading companies are building a smarter workforce and why it is key to an...
- Secrets to Corporate Communications Success Watch this 60-minute webinar to discover how how other companies are successfully creating advocates out of their employees and help them to better... All Social Business White Papers | Webcasts