HTC's new Butterfly s phone packs more battery life
The HTC Butterfly s is releasing in Taiwan in July
IDG News Service - Taiwan's HTC has unveiled an updated version of its 5-inch Butterfly smartphone that comes equipped with a bigger battery, more powerful processor and the company's BlinkFeed homescreen.
The Butterfly s, introduced Wednesday, appears to have the same build as its predecessor, the Butterfly J, and uses a 1080p 5-inch screen. But this new version features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.9 GHz quad-core processor, and a longer-lasting 3,200 mAH battery that HTC is emphasizing in its marketing.
HTC claims this gives the phone 3.5 days of continuous music playback, according to a video it released. The Butterfly J, in contrast had, a 2,020 mAh battery.
The new smartphone runs Android Jelly Bean, and comes loaded with the latest version of HTC's Sense user interface. Like the company's HTC One flagship device, the Butterfly s also brings news, video and pictures through a content feed service called Blinkfeed on the phone's homescreen. It's also fitted with HTC's new "ultrapixel" camera that was designed to capture sharper images than rival camera phones.
HTC declined to provide more information. But the Butterfly s will arrive in Taiwan this July with a price of NT$22,900 (US$766).
The Butterfly J, launched in Japan in October. HTC then brought a similar device, called the Droid DNA, to the U.S. a month later that launched through Verizon Wireless.
Reviews of the Droid DNA praised its design and high-quality screen, but also pointed out its "underwhelming battery life."
On Wednesday, the Taiwanese smartphone maker also unveiled the HTC Desire 600, a mid-tier Android handset with a price of NT$12,900 (US$430). It has a 4.5-inch screen, and a 1.2 GHz quad core processor from Qualcomm. The phone is due to arrive in Taiwan this July.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts