Salesforce.com hires former Oracle executive as president
Keith Block will lead the company's global sales, customer service and consulting services businesses
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com has hired a key former Oracle executive Keith Block as its president and vice chairman.
He will lead the enterprise cloud computing company's global sales, customer support and consulting services businesses, and has also been appointed to the company's board.
Block, who was executive vice president of Oracle's North America sales and consulting, decided to quit the company to pursue other opportunities, Oracle said in a regulatory filing in June last year.
There was speculation that he had been axed because of critical remarks he made about his superior, co-president Mark Hurd, and other aspects of Oracle's business. The instant-message remarks emerged in court filings in a lawsuit between Hewlett-Packard and Oracle.
Block worked with Oracle for 26 years. In his last role in the company, he led an 11,000-person team and built "a multi-billion dollar sales business unit that achieved record revenue growth and margin expansion over the span of 10 years", according to a statement Thursday from Salesforce.com.
Salesforce.com said Tuesday it was acquiring marketing software company ExactTarget for US$2.5 billion, with the aim of building an annual revenue stream of $1 billion from its marketing product line.
- InfoTech: Cloud File Sharing Organizations are increasingly turning to cloud file sharing solutions to meet end-user's needs for a lightweight and effective collaboration tool. In this report,...
- Accelerating the Delivery Microsoft Office 365 Many organizations use Office 365's cloud-based mail, collaboration and communication services as the dominant workload. However, as services move to the cloud, data...
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- Journey to the Hybrid Cloud Cloud adoption continues to expand beyond the base of cutting edge early adopters and is now reaching the "early mainstream" stage.
- PST Archiving: What is it and How is it Done? Learn more about what PST data is, the risks relating to it, and how the new PST Archiving feature in the Simpana 10...
- HP DevOps KnowledgeVault This interactive resource focuses on the evolution taking place in the world of software development, specifically the Agile development framework, and the gap... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!