Lenovo launches cloud storage service with access to social networks
The site will offer 5GB of free capacity
Computerworld - Lenovo this week offered a peek under the covers on a new consumer cloud storage service called Lenovo Reach, which it said will allow users to securely access their cloud-based files and applications from any device via a single login ID.
Expected to go live later this year, Lenovo Reach will offer 5GB of free capacity.
Beginning June 22, Lenovo said it will offer the Reach storage service to a limited number of users in order to garner feedback.
Customers interested in a preview of Lenovo Reach can sign up now for the beta test.
The Lenovo Reach personal cloud service will offer a single-sign on ID that allows users access to social networks, their online applications, as well as a search engine to help them find files, photos and other digital media across their online storage accounts.
The new service can encrypt and remember all user IDs and passwords, offering users a method of accessing favorite websites with a single click.
"The intuitive interface is consistent across all user devices and is designed for touch as well as keyboard and mouse interaction," Lenovo said.
"Lenovo Reach makes it incredibly simple and convenient for people to interact with their growing libraries of digital content and apps from virtually anywhere, at any time, on any device through a consistent interface," Mark Cohen, vice president of software and cloud solutions at Lenovo, said in a statement. "Lenovo Reach plays a fundamental role in our plan to expand cloud services to consumers around the world."
This article, Lenovo launches cloud storage service with access to social networks, was originally published at Computerworld.com.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Data Storage in Computerworld's Data Storage Topic Center.
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Case Study: AMAG Pharmaceuticals As an IT pioneer in the pharmaceuticals industry, AMAG realized that SaaS backup and recovery would give them the confidence to fully embrace...
- 9 Essentials for a Complete Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Solution In 9 Essentials for a Complete Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Solution, we'll walk you through potential sources of data loss in the cloud and provide...
- Report: Back Up Critical Cloud Data before It's Too Late Read the February 2014 Forrester Research Inc. Report, Back Up Your Critical Cloud Data Before It's Too Late: Cloud-To-Cloud Backup Emerges As A...
- Mobile Content, Collaboration & IDC's 3rd IT Platform: The Next Frontier for the Mobile Enterprise IDC focuses this article on talks about the new IT platform. This 3rd IT Platform will be the new wave for about the...
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- The Foundation You Need to Build a Better Storage Infrastructure Watch this webcast to hear how you can maximize the economics of your data center by modifying your storage footprint and power usage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts