Lenovo launches cloud storage service with access to social networks
The site will offer 5GB of free capacity
Computerworld - Lenovo this week offered a peek under the covers on a new consumer cloud storage service called Lenovo Reach, which it said will allow users to securely access their cloud-based files and applications from any device via a single login ID.
Expected to go live later this year, Lenovo Reach will offer 5GB of free capacity.
Beginning June 22, Lenovo said it will offer the Reach storage service to a limited number of users in order to garner feedback.
Customers interested in a preview of Lenovo Reach can sign up now for the beta test.
The Lenovo Reach personal cloud service will offer a single-sign on ID that allows users access to social networks, their online applications, as well as a search engine to help them find files, photos and other digital media across their online storage accounts.
The new service can encrypt and remember all user IDs and passwords, offering users a method of accessing favorite websites with a single click.
"The intuitive interface is consistent across all user devices and is designed for touch as well as keyboard and mouse interaction," Lenovo said.
"Lenovo Reach makes it incredibly simple and convenient for people to interact with their growing libraries of digital content and apps from virtually anywhere, at any time, on any device through a consistent interface," Mark Cohen, vice president of software and cloud solutions at Lenovo, said in a statement. "Lenovo Reach plays a fundamental role in our plan to expand cloud services to consumers around the world."
This article, Lenovo launches cloud storage service with access to social networks, was originally published at Computerworld.com.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Data Storage in Computerworld's Data Storage Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Using VM Archiving to Solve VM Sprawl This CommVault whitepaper discusses how archiving virtual machines can mitigate VM sprawl with a comprehensive approach to VM lifecycle management.
- Keep Your Network Available, Efficient and Secure Make the most of your network by working with experts who "get it." CDW and F5 have partnered to keep networks highly optimized....
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- IBM Flash Webcast: Optimizing your Datacenter for Efficient Storage & ROI Register for this webcast to learn the benefits of flash storage from IBM Customer, Leonardo Irastorza of Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd and Storage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts