- View the full 2013 special report
- View and sort the top 100 employers
- In the No. 1 spot: Quicken Loans
- Slideshow: A tour of Quicken Loans
- Employer scorecard: Tops for training, benefits, more
- Employee scorecard: 27,000 IT workers have their say
- Search and sort 20 years of Best Places honorees
- Opinion: When staffers share successes, everyone wins
- Opinion: How to pluck top talent from a sea of candidates
- How we chose the Best Places
- Tell us about the worst place to work!
Best Places spotlight: Coca-Cola Enterprises encourages the exchange of ideas
A culture that prizes innovation, agility and fun reigns at the No. 91-ranked company on our 2013 Best Places to Work in IT list.
Computerworld - Last year, Coca-Cola Enterprises gave its IT staffers a chance to check out some emerging technologies when it invited speakers from about a dozen high-tech startups to come in and pitch their up-and-coming products. CCE also hosts hack-a-thons, in which teams of its employees vie for cash prizes as they compete to see who can come up with the most innovative ideas.
Siobhan Smyth, vice president of IT leadership, says events like those embody the IT department's culture, which emphasizes innovation and CCE's three key values of accountability, customer focus and team drive. The Atlanta-based company, one of the world's largest Coca-Cola bottlers, presents annual awards to IT teams that demonstrate excellence in each of those three areas, says Smyth.
But CCE also works to create a day-to-day atmosphere that's agile, innovative and fun. "It's a flexible and fast-paced environment that keeps us constantly engaged and exchanging ideas," she says.
Lesley Morgan, senior manager of IT development, says that culture drew her to CCE. She says she enjoys working with new technologies and likes the fact that the company's global presence gives her opportunities to travel to Europe to work with IT and business colleagues based there.
"The enthusiasm, the excitement and innovation -- it makes it a really great and positive work environment," she says.
More on the 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Read more about IT Careers in Computerworld's IT Careers Topic Center.
- 2014 IT Workplace Trends and Salary Guide Staying competitive in the IT market can be challenging. This guide provides you with insight into variety of IT workplace trends including, U.S....
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.