- View the full 2013 special report
- View and sort the top 100 employers
- In the No. 1 spot: Quicken Loans
- Slideshow: A tour of Quicken Loans
- Employer scorecard: Tops for training, benefits, more
- Employee scorecard: 27,000 IT workers have their say
- Search and sort 20 years of Best Places honorees
- Opinion: When staffers share successes, everyone wins
- Opinion: How to pluck top talent from a sea of candidates
- How we chose the Best Places
- Tell us about the worst place to work!
Best Places spotlight: Coca-Cola Enterprises encourages the exchange of ideas
A culture that prizes innovation, agility and fun reigns at the No. 91-ranked company on our 2013 Best Places to Work in IT list.
Computerworld - Last year, Coca-Cola Enterprises gave its IT staffers a chance to check out some emerging technologies when it invited speakers from about a dozen high-tech startups to come in and pitch their up-and-coming products. CCE also hosts hack-a-thons, in which teams of its employees vie for cash prizes as they compete to see who can come up with the most innovative ideas.
Siobhan Smyth, vice president of IT leadership, says events like those embody the IT department's culture, which emphasizes innovation and CCE's three key values of accountability, customer focus and team drive. The Atlanta-based company, one of the world's largest Coca-Cola bottlers, presents annual awards to IT teams that demonstrate excellence in each of those three areas, says Smyth.
But CCE also works to create a day-to-day atmosphere that's agile, innovative and fun. "It's a flexible and fast-paced environment that keeps us constantly engaged and exchanging ideas," she says.
Lesley Morgan, senior manager of IT development, says that culture drew her to CCE. She says she enjoys working with new technologies and likes the fact that the company's global presence gives her opportunities to travel to Europe to work with IT and business colleagues based there.
"The enthusiasm, the excitement and innovation -- it makes it a really great and positive work environment," she says.
More on the 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Read more about IT Careers in Computerworld's IT Careers Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- SDCRAA Case Study: Adapting ERP to business needs This case study goes in depth about San Diego County Regional Airport Authority's created flexibility for a changing industry.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts