- View the full 2013 special report
- View and sort the top 100 employers
- In the No. 1 spot: Quicken Loans
- Slideshow: A tour of Quicken Loans
- Employer scorecard: Tops for training, benefits, more
- Employee scorecard: 27,000 IT workers have their say
- Search and sort 20 years of Best Places honorees
- Opinion: When staffers share successes, everyone wins
- Opinion: How to pluck top talent from a sea of candidates
- How we chose the Best Places
- Tell us about the worst place to work!
Best Places spotlight: Coca-Cola Enterprises encourages the exchange of ideas
A culture that prizes innovation, agility and fun reigns at the No. 91-ranked company on our 2013 Best Places to Work in IT list.
Computerworld - Last year, Coca-Cola Enterprises gave its IT staffers a chance to check out some emerging technologies when it invited speakers from about a dozen high-tech startups to come in and pitch their up-and-coming products. CCE also hosts hack-a-thons, in which teams of its employees vie for cash prizes as they compete to see who can come up with the most innovative ideas.
Siobhan Smyth, vice president of IT leadership, says events like those embody the IT department's culture, which emphasizes innovation and CCE's three key values of accountability, customer focus and team drive. The Atlanta-based company, one of the world's largest Coca-Cola bottlers, presents annual awards to IT teams that demonstrate excellence in each of those three areas, says Smyth.
But CCE also works to create a day-to-day atmosphere that's agile, innovative and fun. "It's a flexible and fast-paced environment that keeps us constantly engaged and exchanging ideas," she says.
Lesley Morgan, senior manager of IT development, says that culture drew her to CCE. She says she enjoys working with new technologies and likes the fact that the company's global presence gives her opportunities to travel to Europe to work with IT and business colleagues based there.
"The enthusiasm, the excitement and innovation -- it makes it a really great and positive work environment," she says.
More on the 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Read more about IT Careers in Computerworld's IT Careers Topic Center.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.