Google targets developers with cloud-based backend kit
Mobile Backend Starter makes it easier to integrate Android apps with its cloud
IDG News Service - Google wants more developers to use its App Engine cloud service, and has launched Mobile Backend Starter to make it easier.
Running servers on top of a hosted environment to power mobile apps can be a bit of a headache, according to Google. With the introduction of Mobile Backend Starter the company hopes to lower the bar for developers.
Mobile Backend Starter includes everything developers need to quickly set up a backend for their app, Google said in a blog post on Monday.The package includes a server that stores data using App Engine and a client library for Android that handles the communication between the app and the App Engine cloud.
Developers can also add support for Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). To keep users' data secure, Mobile Backend Starter also includes built-in support for Google Authentication, the company said. Features made possible with Mobile Backend Starter allow users to store data in the cloud and access it from anywhere. In addition, data updated on one device is automatically available on all devices via GCM.
Google has published relevant documentation on its developer website.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- 10 Steps to Application and Network Performance Nirvana 10 simple steps that network operations teams can take to ensure that applications and underlying infrastructure can both be tuned for maximum performance.
- Application Performance Management for Dummies Application performance management helps deliver the application performance users and the business demand. Effectively monitoring and troubleshooting application performance issues requires a comprehensive...
- IDC Report: Optimize IT and Business Gains This IDC Whitepaper outlines how CIOs can understand what the "total cost of data" is across their entire organization and how Delphix can...
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Tips to Simplify Database Administration and Development Make your job easier while getting the most from the leading productivity tool for database professionals. Learn tips from Dell Software's Oracle® ACE,... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts