Google targets developers with cloud-based backend kit
Mobile Backend Starter makes it easier to integrate Android apps with its cloud
IDG News Service - Google wants more developers to use its App Engine cloud service, and has launched Mobile Backend Starter to make it easier.
Running servers on top of a hosted environment to power mobile apps can be a bit of a headache, according to Google. With the introduction of Mobile Backend Starter the company hopes to lower the bar for developers.
Mobile Backend Starter includes everything developers need to quickly set up a backend for their app, Google said in a blog post on Monday.The package includes a server that stores data using App Engine and a client library for Android that handles the communication between the app and the App Engine cloud.
Developers can also add support for Google Cloud Messaging (GCM). To keep users' data secure, Mobile Backend Starter also includes built-in support for Google Authentication, the company said. Features made possible with Mobile Backend Starter allow users to store data in the cloud and access it from anywhere. In addition, data updated on one device is automatically available on all devices via GCM.
Google has published relevant documentation on its developer website.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- Live Webcast How to serve up a Grand Slam with a scalable IT Infrastructure for cloud, big data and advanced analytics Register today to attend this webcast, and see examples of how The U.S. Tennis Association, Wimbledon and U.S. Golf Association are using the...
- Live Webcast Security Vulnerabilities Associated With Having Local Administrator Privileges Viewfinity will demonstrate how removing admin rights and granularly managing privileges at the application level reduces the attack surface.
- Live Webcast IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All App Development White Papers | Webcasts