Update: Microsoft CIO Tony Scott has left the company
His departure leaked this weekend online
IDG News Service - Microsoft CIO Tony Scott has left the company after five years.
Word of his departure leaked out over the weekend. His LinkedIn profile lists him as the company's former CIO and the company website no longer lists him among senior leaders.
Microsoft acknowledged the departure in a statement: "Tony Scott has decided to depart Microsoft to focus on personal projects. While at Microsoft, Tony has proven to be a strong IT leader passionate about taking Microsoft's technology to the next level and using our experiences and learnings to help customers and partners. We thank Tony for his contributions and wish him well."
Jim Dubois, the company's vice president of IT product and services management, has been named interim CIO, according to a source within the company.
The Seattle tech news site GeekWire broke the story Sunday. Word that Scott had left the company was given to employees last week, the site reported.
(Loek Essers in Amsterdam contributed reporting.)
- 2014 IT Workplace Trends and Salary Guide Staying competitive in the IT market can be challenging. This guide provides you with insight into variety of IT workplace trends including, U.S....
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.