Update: Microsoft CIO Tony Scott has left the company
His departure leaked this weekend online
IDG News Service - Microsoft CIO Tony Scott has left the company after five years.
Word of his departure leaked out over the weekend. His LinkedIn profile lists him as the company's former CIO and the company website no longer lists him among senior leaders.
Microsoft acknowledged the departure in a statement: "Tony Scott has decided to depart Microsoft to focus on personal projects. While at Microsoft, Tony has proven to be a strong IT leader passionate about taking Microsoft's technology to the next level and using our experiences and learnings to help customers and partners. We thank Tony for his contributions and wish him well."
Jim Dubois, the company's vice president of IT product and services management, has been named interim CIO, according to a source within the company.
The Seattle tech news site GeekWire broke the story Sunday. Word that Scott had left the company was given to employees last week, the site reported.
(Loek Essers in Amsterdam contributed reporting.)
- 2014 IT Workplace Trends and Salary Guide Staying competitive in the IT market can be challenging. This guide provides you with insight into variety of IT workplace trends including, U.S....
- Comprehensive Advanced Threat Defense The hot topic in the information security industry these days is "Advanced Threat Defense" (ATD). This paper describes a comprehensive, network-based approach to...
- Advanced Threat Defense: A Comprehensive Approach In this interview, Peter George, president, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, explains why we need more than anti-malware, and what constitutes a comprehensive...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.