Update: Microsoft CIO Tony Scott has left the company
His departure leaked this weekend online
IDG News Service - Microsoft CIO Tony Scott has left the company after five years.
Word of his departure leaked out over the weekend. His LinkedIn profile lists him as the company's former CIO and the company website no longer lists him among senior leaders.
Microsoft acknowledged the departure in a statement: "Tony Scott has decided to depart Microsoft to focus on personal projects. While at Microsoft, Tony has proven to be a strong IT leader passionate about taking Microsoft's technology to the next level and using our experiences and learnings to help customers and partners. We thank Tony for his contributions and wish him well."
Jim Dubois, the company's vice president of IT product and services management, has been named interim CIO, according to a source within the company.
The Seattle tech news site GeekWire broke the story Sunday. Word that Scott had left the company was given to employees last week, the site reported.
(Loek Essers in Amsterdam contributed reporting.)
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Infographic: Converged Infrastructure Benefits This Infographic quantifies the savings organizations are realizing from increased deployment speed, higher availability, and lower annual costs.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Going Paperless? Here's What You Need to Think About As makers of some of the world's most popular PDF solutions, we often consult with businesses & governmental agencies that have the goal...
- The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big...
Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
All IT Careers White Papers |
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.