Yahoo calls press conference amid Tumblr acquisition rumors
Yahoo invited media to an event in New York on Monday but gave no details
IDG News Service - Yahoo has called a mystery press event in New York City on Monday afternoon, hot on the heels of rumors that it plans to buy Tumblr for US$1 billion.
"Join us as we share something special," says the invite, sent to members of the press Friday afternoon.
Citing unnamed sources, All Things D reported earlier Friday that Yahoo may be in talks to partner with Tumblr, invest in it, or make an outright purchase. It notes that Yahoo's CFO talked earlier this week about the need for Yahoo to bring back its "cool."
Adweek, in another report citing unnamed sources, put the value of the deal at $1 billion.
Marissa Mayer is expected to be at the New York City event, according to CNBC. Tumblr's headquarters are in New York.
The blogging and social network service was founded in 2007 and has 175 employees. It says it currently hosts more than 100 million blogs.
- Agility & Scalability for Oracle EBS R12 and RAC on VMware vSphere 5 This white paper outlines extensive performance and scalability testing of Oracle EBS applications on a Vblock™ Systems with vSphere 5.
- Oracle and VCE: The Next Step in Integrated Computing Platforms In this ESG Lab review you will learn how a VCE system driven by Oracle, delivers the perfect blend of high performance and...
- Migrate Oracle Apps from RISC/UNIX to Virtualized x86 Ready to move Oracle to a virtualized environment? This brief explains how true converged infrastructure can help you migrate from a RISC/UNIX environment...
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!