Google makes Go faster
Version 1.1 of Go programming language offers a number of performance improvements, including a faster compiler
IDG News Service - Google has updated its Go programming language, making it faster and more suitable for multicore processors.
"The most significant improvements are performance-related," wrote Google engineer Andrew Gerrand, in a post announcing the new version. "It is likely that your Go code will run noticeably faster when built with Go 1.1."
For this release, the Go development team optimized a number of major elements of Go, including the compiler and linker, garbage collector, scheduler, and parts of the standard library.
The company released the first full version of Go last year, and released three minor updates since then. In addition to using in-house staff to refine the language, Google accepted 2,600 code modifications from 161 contributors for this version.
In addition to the performance improvements, Go 1.1 has a number of other significant features. Programs in the language can run more smoothly across multiple processor cores, thanks to a new race detector. On the programming side, return requirements have been modified, which will reinforce more succinct coding habits.
Go 1.1 is fully backward compatible; it can recognize and run all programs built using Go 1.
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Using Continuous Delivery to Improve Software Delivery Learn more about the challenges impacting organizations and how continuous delivery processes can be a key success factor in accelerating software delivery.
- Global Bank Improves Quality of Application Development Read how this financial institution centralized build assets, cut development time in half and added additional security controls.
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts