The SDK can be used to build fast and scalable network applications for Amazon's cloud
New features added to the generally available version include bound parameters, streams, IAM (identity and access management) roles for EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) instances, proxies and version locking. The latter feature allows users to lock into an API version for a service, which Amazon recommends if the API is relied on for production code. This way companies can isolate themselves from changes in updates of the SDK, it said.
Applications written using the SDK can be integrated with a long list of Amazon's cloud services, including Amazon's Relational Database Service and its Virtual Private Cloud offering, which lets users create logically isolated virtual servers and an optional VPN connection to their own data center.
Recently, Amazon also announced a version of Elastic Beanstalk for Node.js-based applications. Elastic Beanstalk aims to make it easier to quickly deploy and manage applications in Amazon's cloud. The tool can also be used with Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and .Net applications.
The preferred way to install the AWS SDK for Node.js is to use the npm package manager for Node.js, according to Amazon's documentation for the kit, which also includes a configuration guide and code examples.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- The Opportunities and Challenges of the Cloud In this report F5 poses questions to IDC analysts, Sally Hudson and Phil Hochmuth, on behalf of F5's customers to better understand the...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!