HP announces new ProBooks, including touchscreen model
HP also announced HP 200 laptops starting at $249
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard on Monday kicked off a series of upcoming PC announcements with new ProBook 400 series laptops, including a 15.6-inch model with a touchscreen.
The new laptops are 36 percent thinner and 18 percent lighter than their predecessors, HP said. The five laptops, which are targeted at small and medium-size businesses, have screen sizes between 13.3 inches and 17.3 inches.
The 15.6-inch ProBook 450 has a touchscreen, making it the first such laptop in the product line. The other models include the 13.3-inch ProBook 430, the 14-inch 440 and 445 laptops, the 15-inch 455 and the 17.3-inch 470.
HP is claiming up to eight hours of battery life for the ProBooks, depending on size, usage and other factors. The laptops will be priced starting at US$499 and will be available worldwide starting later this month.
The ProBooks will run on Intel and Advanced Micro Devices processors, said Kathy Nielsen, product manager at HP.
Intel is scheduled to release new fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell in early June, but Nielsen declined to comment on when the laptop models would be upgraded to those chips.
The laptops' storage options include a 128GB solid-state drive or hard-disk drives as large as 1TB. Hybrid drives that combine spinning-disk and SSD storage will also be offered.
Other standard features in the laptops include USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port and a webcam. Operating system options include Windows 8, Windows 7 and Suse Linux.
HP also introduced low-cost HP 200 PCs with 14-inch and 15.6-inch screens starting at $249. The laptops will become available this month with either Intel or AMD processors.
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Case Study: AMAG Pharmaceuticals As an IT pioneer in the pharmaceuticals industry, AMAG realized that SaaS backup and recovery would give them the confidence to fully embrace...
- Workload Change: The 70 Percent of Your Business DevOps Forgot Adding WLA early in the development process ensures that the benefits of DevOps accrue for all applications, including your batch services. This paper...
- Oracle EBS and RAC Performance & Elasticity on Vblock™ Systems VCE Vblock™ Systems provide simple, low-risk solutions for migrating from a physical to virtual environment.
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!