HP announces new ProBooks, including touchscreen model
HP also announced HP 200 laptops starting at $249
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard on Monday kicked off a series of upcoming PC announcements with new ProBook 400 series laptops, including a 15.6-inch model with a touchscreen.
The new laptops are 36 percent thinner and 18 percent lighter than their predecessors, HP said. The five laptops, which are targeted at small and medium-size businesses, have screen sizes between 13.3 inches and 17.3 inches.
The 15.6-inch ProBook 450 has a touchscreen, making it the first such laptop in the product line. The other models include the 13.3-inch ProBook 430, the 14-inch 440 and 445 laptops, the 15-inch 455 and the 17.3-inch 470.
HP is claiming up to eight hours of battery life for the ProBooks, depending on size, usage and other factors. The laptops will be priced starting at US$499 and will be available worldwide starting later this month.
The ProBooks will run on Intel and Advanced Micro Devices processors, said Kathy Nielsen, product manager at HP.
Intel is scheduled to release new fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell in early June, but Nielsen declined to comment on when the laptop models would be upgraded to those chips.
The laptops' storage options include a 128GB solid-state drive or hard-disk drives as large as 1TB. Hybrid drives that combine spinning-disk and SSD storage will also be offered.
Other standard features in the laptops include USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port and a webcam. Operating system options include Windows 8, Windows 7 and Suse Linux.
HP also introduced low-cost HP 200 PCs with 14-inch and 15.6-inch screens starting at $249. The laptops will become available this month with either Intel or AMD processors.
- Troubleshooting Common Issues in VoIP Learn more about Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), including common VoIP metrics used, best practices in VoIP management and tips and tricks for...
- IDG Research Survey: Are you Paying Too Much for Your NMS? Feel like you're paying too much for network monitoring? You're not alone. This survey brief summarizes findings from research recently fielded by IDG...
- 2013 Network Management Software (NMS) Buyers Guide This white paper contains an independent comparison study of six different network management solutions and provides guidance on how you can choose the...
- Rightsizing Your Network Performance Management Solution: 4 Case Studies This white paper discusses challenges encountered as organizations search for the most cost-effective network performance management solution.
- Tips to Simplify Database Administration and Development Make your job easier while getting the most from the leading productivity tool for database professionals. Learn tips from Dell Software's Oracle® ACE,...
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!