VMware sells Java tool maker WaveMaker's assets
VMware had started looking to sell off non-essential assets after lackluster first quarter results
IDG News Service - A little more than two years after purchasing Java tool vendor WaveMaker, VMware has sold the assets of the company to the Pramati software engineering firm.
WaveMaker offers a RAD platform that can be used to develop Java applications for the cloud, using a visual interface that reduces the amount of code that needs to be written from scratch. The company has generated a developer community of more than 35,000 participants.
In January following a lackluster financial quarter, VMware started to restructure its assets, making plans to spin off those technologies that the company viewed as non-essential to its core business. Many of these technologies went to Pivotal, a VMware and EMC spinoff launched earlier this month. Though Spring went to Pivotal, WaveMaker did not follow.
Pramati will add WaveMaker's RAD software to its existing collection of enterprise development tools. Working as an incubator, Pramati seeks to develop technologies that address new business opportunities, such as cloud computing, big data and mobile applications. Last October, Pramati sold enterprise collaboration software vendor Qontext to Autodesk.
Other companies under Pramati's ownership include SocialTwist, which offers a social referral marketing platform, and the technology services company Imaginea.
Organizations such as the U.S. Centers For Disease Control, Macy's and CRM (customer relationship management) software provider KANA have used WaveMaker products.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All App Development White Papers | Webcasts