Amazon Web Services launches new certification program
Solutions architects are the first to get certified
IDG News Service - Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched a Global Certification Program, which will allow solutions architects, systems operations administrators, and developers to get proof of their cloud know-how.
The new program has been designed to certify the technical skills and knowledge associated with "building secure and reliable cloud-based applications using AWS technology," Amazon said.
A solutions architect is a person who knows the ins and outs of designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform, while a sysops administrator is responsible for the operational health of an application running on Amazon's cloud. The latter should have in-depth knowledge of the application or service being operated, including how the application is constructed, deployed, and automated, as well as the controls and monitoring points available, according to Amazon. Developers in turn design and build AWS-based applications.
There are three different levels to choose from: associate, professional and master. To earn a certification for one of the three levels, candidates must pass an exam, which will be administered through Kryterion testing centers in more than 100 countries and 750 testing locations worldwide. Training and other resources from Amazon will offer help when preparing.
The program will be rolled out in multiple steps. The first certification to be offered is the AWS Certified Solutions Architect at an Associate Level, Amazon said. To pass that level, candidates are expected to have an understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts as well how network technologies relate to Amazon's cloud. Another important part is understanding how to interact with AWS services, including APIs (application programming interfaces) and SDKs (software development kits).
Certifications for the other two roles will become available later this year, Amazon said. On its certification website there is more information to be found.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- The Forrester Wave™: File Sync And Share Platforms, Q3 2013 Download this Analyst report to read why IBM SmartCloud for Social Business was cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: File Sync...
- Brunswick Case Study By implementing IBM SmartCloud services, Brunswick estimates that it avoided hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital expenditures, and is saving up to...
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Case Study: AMAG Pharmaceuticals As an IT pioneer in the pharmaceuticals industry, AMAG realized that SaaS backup and recovery would give them the confidence to fully embrace...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!