Amazon Web Services launches new certification program
Solutions architects are the first to get certified
IDG News Service - Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched a Global Certification Program, which will allow solutions architects, systems operations administrators, and developers to get proof of their cloud know-how.
The new program has been designed to certify the technical skills and knowledge associated with "building secure and reliable cloud-based applications using AWS technology," Amazon said.
A solutions architect is a person who knows the ins and outs of designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform, while a sysops administrator is responsible for the operational health of an application running on Amazon's cloud. The latter should have in-depth knowledge of the application or service being operated, including how the application is constructed, deployed, and automated, as well as the controls and monitoring points available, according to Amazon. Developers in turn design and build AWS-based applications.
There are three different levels to choose from: associate, professional and master. To earn a certification for one of the three levels, candidates must pass an exam, which will be administered through Kryterion testing centers in more than 100 countries and 750 testing locations worldwide. Training and other resources from Amazon will offer help when preparing.
The program will be rolled out in multiple steps. The first certification to be offered is the AWS Certified Solutions Architect at an Associate Level, Amazon said. To pass that level, candidates are expected to have an understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts as well how network technologies relate to Amazon's cloud. Another important part is understanding how to interact with AWS services, including APIs (application programming interfaces) and SDKs (software development kits).
Certifications for the other two roles will become available later this year, Amazon said. On its certification website there is more information to be found.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- Maximize Strategic Flexibility by Building an Open Hybrid Cloud Choosing how to build a cloud is the biggest strategic decision IT leaders will make this decade. It determines their organizational competitiveness, flexibility,...
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts