Microsoft to announce next Xbox on May 21
It will succeed the Xbox 360, which started shipping in 2005
IDG News Service - Eight years after the first Xbox 360 units shipped, Microsoft will finally pull the curtains off its long-awaited successor on May 21.
The company is holding a press event at 10 a.m. Pacific Time that day that will be live-streamed on the Web.
"On that day, we'll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future," Microsoft said on the website.
The company plans to talk about the console games a few weeks later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo -- widely known as E3 -- which will be held in Los Angeles June 11-13.
The Microsoft announcement follows Sony's announcement of the PlayStation 4 in February. The PS4 gaming console hasn't been shown yet, but is expected to become available later this year during the holiday shopping season.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Mobile Applications Case Study: 8 Billion Transactions a Day The story documents how the online brokerage company tradeMONSTER created a custom mobile app and the success gleaned from this initiative. Also covered...
- Who's afraid of the big (data) bad wolf? Survive the big data storm by getting ahead of integration and governance functional requirements This paper provides a detailed review of the best practices clients should consider before embarking on their big data integration projects.
- Understanding big data so you can act with confidence Automating information integration and governance and employing it at the point of data creation helps organizations boost confidence in their big data.
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Personal Technology White Papers | Webcasts