Pirate Bay co-founder charged with hacking IBM mainframes, stealing money
The Logica and Nordea hack are somehow related because both companies used an IBM mainframe, said Olin, who could not specify which mainframe was used. The operative system of the mainframe is z/OS though, a 64-bit operating system for IBM mainframes, Olin said.
The Nordea bank won't comment on ongoing legal proceedings, said Helena Astman, head of communications at Nordea.
Logica, now part of CGI Sweden, is glad that people were charged with the breach, said Anders Sandell, head of security of CGI Sweden. While both Logica and Nordea use IBM mainframes, the companies use different systems, he said, adding that he could not disclose any more technical details nor provide any information about vulnerabilities used in the hacks.
IBM Sweden spokesman Andreas Lundgren declined to comment.
At the moment, it is not really clear why Logica was hacked, said Olin. But the intruders stole extensive personal and vehicle data, including social security numbers, he said. "I won't comment any further on that because there is no evidence what they wanted to use it for. At the moment we only have loose theories."
Court proceedings against Svartholm Warg and the other three are expected to begin at the Nacka district court at the end of May, Olin said.
Loek is Amsterdam Correspondent and covers online privacy, intellectual property, open-source and online payment issues for the IDG News Service. Follow him on Twitter at @loekessers or email tips and comments to email@example.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Who's Spying on You? You're aware of the threats of malware to your business but what about the ever-changing ground rules? Cybercriminals today are launching attacks against...
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Cybercrime and Hacking White Papers | Webcasts