Pirate Bay co-founder charged with hacking IBM mainframes, stealing money
The Logica and Nordea hack are somehow related because both companies used an IBM mainframe, said Olin, who could not specify which mainframe was used. The operative system of the mainframe is z/OS though, a 64-bit operating system for IBM mainframes, Olin said.
The Nordea bank won't comment on ongoing legal proceedings, said Helena Astman, head of communications at Nordea.
Logica, now part of CGI Sweden, is glad that people were charged with the breach, said Anders Sandell, head of security of CGI Sweden. While both Logica and Nordea use IBM mainframes, the companies use different systems, he said, adding that he could not disclose any more technical details nor provide any information about vulnerabilities used in the hacks.
IBM Sweden spokesman Andreas Lundgren declined to comment.
At the moment, it is not really clear why Logica was hacked, said Olin. But the intruders stole extensive personal and vehicle data, including social security numbers, he said. "I won't comment any further on that because there is no evidence what they wanted to use it for. At the moment we only have loose theories."
Court proceedings against Svartholm Warg and the other three are expected to begin at the Nacka district court at the end of May, Olin said.
Loek is Amsterdam Correspondent and covers online privacy, intellectual property, open-source and online payment issues for the IDG News Service. Follow him on Twitter at @loekessers or email tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Cybercrime and Hacking White Papers | Webcasts