Tata to acquire French IT services company Alti
Outsourcer hopes $97 million acquisition will help it grow in France and the rest of Europe
IDG News Service - Tata Consultancy Services is to acquire French IT services company Alti in a bid to increase its presence in the European market.
India's largest outsourcer said in a filing Tuesday to the Bombay Stock Exchange that it has signed definitive agreements to acquire 100% of the equity in privately-held Alti for $97.5 million in an all-cash transaction.
The deal will help it grow in France, regarded as the third largest IT market in Europe after the U.K. and Germany, TCS said in the filing.
Alti's key customers include French companies in banking, financial services, luxury, manufacturing and utilities sectors. It has 1,200 employees across France, Belgium and Switzerland, and had revenue of a!126 million in 2012. The company is currently owned by its management and two private equity firms.
This deal holds promise as it could give TCS access to a new set of customers and staff skills, and enable it to increase local delivery of services in France and Belgium which are important markets for outsourcing, said Sudin Apte, principal analyst and CEO of research and advisory firm Offshore Insights.
Indian outsourcers are expanding in Europe, the second largest market for them after North America.
Competitor Infosys acquired in the fourth quarter of last year Lodestone Holding, a management consultancy firm in Zurich with skills in the area of SAP software, as it also tries to build up its presence in Europe, a market that is increasingly driven by the ability to deliver services from locations within the continent.
In business transformation and systems integration services in particular, local delivery has become important, Apte said.
The investments come as Indian outsourcers are beginning to see a recovery in the offshore outsourcing business. TCS' fourth-quarter revenue increased by 14 percent year-on-year to nearly $3 billion for a net profit of $652 million.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
- Who does NSS Labs "Recommend" for NGFW? In 2012, NSS Labs found that most available NGFW solutions "fell short in performance and security effectiveness." In 2013 NSS Labs noted "marked...
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The Keys to Securing Data in a Collaborative Workplace Losing data is costly. IT professionals have spent years learning how to protect their organizations from hackers, but how do you ward off...
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Management White Papers | Webcasts