IDG News Service - App vendor, ingogo, has secured a $1.5 million investment from leading investors in an attempt to fund further expansion of the business' taxi booking and payment platform.
The investors, who are now backing ingogo, include Daniel Petre and Alison Deans from technology investment company, netus; Martin Dalgleish, advisor to Ellerston Technology Fund; as well as Jeremy Colless, managing partner at Artesian Capital Management.
They join first round investors, Brad Shofer, co-founder of MYOB; Philip Argy, Stuart Fox, and other members of Sydney Angels; and ingogo's founder himself, Hamish Petrie.
"Australia's taxi industry has entrenched inefficiencies that are ripe for disruption. We are pleased to invest in this funding round and look for continued rapid growth of the business," Colless said.
Petrie said the new round of investments take the app's total investment to $2.5 million, including the $250,000 Commercialisation Australia Grant it received from the government.
He said the investment will enable the company to continue its assault on the current taxi industry monopoly to create a better experience for drivers and passengers alike.
"Daniel, Alison and Martin are all respected businesspeople in their own right, so to have them on ingogo's team is testament to what we've achieved so far and what we're working towards for the future of the taxi industry," Petrie claimed.
The system utilising the grant is currently in pilot with several businesses in Sydney as a replacement for Cabcharge, which is one of the company's key focus areas in 2013.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Something-something “LASER” something-something-something.
The MtGox Bitcoin exchange is bankrupt. Not a huge surprise, but insiders are also alleging chronic incompetence within the company, flowing from the CEO, Mark Karpeles. Supposed hackers have also leaked some PHP code that appears to substantiate those allegations. But could it all be an elaborate ruse to steal customers'
MtGox Co., Ltd. is now aiming for "civil rehabilitation" in a Tokyo District Court (similar to Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S.).
In IT Blogwatch, bloggers release the frickin’ ill-tempered, mutated sea bass.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
- This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Accelerating Speed to Market in the Highly Competitive Automotive Industry
- This White Paper discusses how an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution optimizes project analysis, management, reporting and risk mitigation processes to accelerate new...
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business
- View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Financial Security: What smaller Institutions can learn from DDoS attacks on big banks
- Since last fall, several waves of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks have targeted major players in the U.S. banking industry. JPMorgan Chase,...
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?
- Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution. All Financial IT White Papers
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of...
- All Financial IT Webcasts