Citrix adds editing capabilities to ShareFile, updates Podio mobile apps
ShareFile is getting document editing features while Podio apps for iOS and Android have been upgraded
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has upgraded its Podio applications for Android and iOS, as well as the ShareFile app for the latter, which can now be used to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Podio is a cloud-based collaboration platform, while ShareFile is pitched as an enterprise-friendly alternative for online storage and file sharing.
iPhone users of Podio are getting a completely redesigned and better looking application, which allows users to access their most often accessed Podio apps via a new slide menu, according to Citrix.
Android users are getting improved task management with the ability to edit all the details of tasks using their smartphones, including the due date and time, the description, the assignee and any references they might have. Users can now attach images to tasks, as well.
Both versions are getting expanded language support with Dutch and Japanese, in addition to its nine existing languages, and Citrix has also added iOS Accessibility VoiceOver capabilities for vision-impaired users.
ShareFile users, on the other hand, can now create and edit Microsoft Office documents from within the iOS app for Apple's iPhones and iPads. Users can also annotate Adobe PDF files within ShareFile and use the application's editing and annotation capabilities when offline, according to Citrix.
The same functionality will soon be offered on other mobile devices, as well, Citrix said without offering any details on the timing.
Both Podio and ShareFile are the result of acquisitions Citrix have made that focus on end-user productivity, and expanding the company's offering beyond running applications on servers, which is was it's still best known for.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts