Citrix adds editing capabilities to ShareFile, updates Podio mobile apps
ShareFile is getting document editing features while Podio apps for iOS and Android have been upgraded
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has upgraded its Podio applications for Android and iOS, as well as the ShareFile app for the latter, which can now be used to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Podio is a cloud-based collaboration platform, while ShareFile is pitched as an enterprise-friendly alternative for online storage and file sharing.
iPhone users of Podio are getting a completely redesigned and better looking application, which allows users to access their most often accessed Podio apps via a new slide menu, according to Citrix.
Android users are getting improved task management with the ability to edit all the details of tasks using their smartphones, including the due date and time, the description, the assignee and any references they might have. Users can now attach images to tasks, as well.
Both versions are getting expanded language support with Dutch and Japanese, in addition to its nine existing languages, and Citrix has also added iOS Accessibility VoiceOver capabilities for vision-impaired users.
ShareFile users, on the other hand, can now create and edit Microsoft Office documents from within the iOS app for Apple's iPhones and iPads. Users can also annotate Adobe PDF files within ShareFile and use the application's editing and annotation capabilities when offline, according to Citrix.
The same functionality will soon be offered on other mobile devices, as well, Citrix said without offering any details on the timing.
Both Podio and ShareFile are the result of acquisitions Citrix have made that focus on end-user productivity, and expanding the company's offering beyond running applications on servers, which is was it's still best known for.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- REST easy: API Design, Evolution and Connection RESTful design increases API performance, reduces development effort, and minimizes operational support burden. By following a few best practices and selecting RESTful tooling,...
- DevOps meets ALM in the Cloud - Cloud DevOps PaaS To improve software delivery performance and effectiveness, teams need automation, governance, architecture best practices, and increased team collaboration. Find out more.
- The Path to Responsive IT A responsive IT team enables on-demand self-service, ticketless IT, a low cost structure & wider participation. When extending the IT team to analysts,...
- WSO2 Reduces Infrastructure Cost and Improves Agility By adopting WSO2's cloud-native multi-tenant deployment topology and offering middleware as a service, your team can reduce costs and deliver a complete solution...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!