Jury finds Cisco did not infringe VirnetX patents
The jury in Texas, however, found the claims of three VirnetX patents to be valid
IDG News Service - A jury in Texas found that Cisco Systems did not infringe four patents held by VirnetX Holding, according to court records.
The jury in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler division, however, found in its verdict on Thursday that the all the listed claims of three patents owned by VirnetX are valid.
VirnetX said the jury decision will not deter its licensing efforts to 4G LTE mobile markets. "While we are disappointed that the Jury did not find infringement in our suit with Cisco, we are pleased that the Jury found our patents to be valid," it said in a statement. Cisco could not be immediately reached for comment.
The case against Cisco dates back to 2010 when VirnetX filed a lawsuit against Cisco, Apple and others alleging that their products infringed some of its patents. The company in Zephyr Cove, Nevada, describes itself as an Internet security software and technology company with patented technology for secure communications including 4G LTE security.
VirnetX was awarded US$368 million in damages from Apple by a jury in November last year for alleged infringement of VirnetX patents by Apple's VPN On Demand and FaceTime. In February, the court refused Apple a new trial on the liability and damages portion of the verdict, and a reduction in damages, while also denying VirnetX a permanent injunction on some Apple products.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts