- In 2009, President Obama issued an executive order directing agencies to expand efforts to recover improper payments.
- In 2010, Obama signed the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Act, which set a goal of reducing improper payments by $50 billion by 2012.
- In November 2012, the Office of Management and Budget said that the government had nearly achieved its goal, reducing improper payments by $47 billion.
Feds take (baby) steps to fight fraud with analytics
Government agencies have begun, tentatively, to mine their vast stores of data for the public good.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Accelerating Network Convergence in Virtualized and Cloud Data Centers Adopting a converged networking strategy enables organizations to traffic server and storage I/O workloads on consolidated data throughput channels. Intelligent software helps optimize...
- Omnichannel: From Buzzword to Strategy Customers demand a seamless experience across channels, especially mobile. Read this whitepaper for a research-based framework for using omnichannel for higher customer engagement.
- How 10GbE Network is the Backbone of the Virtual Data Center The shift to a virtual data center has put tremendous strain on legacy networks; driving the need for more speed, lower latency, more...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Government IT White Papers | Webcasts