5 Things IT Pros Need to Know About SaaS Governance
CIOs need strong tools to manage a growing portfolio of cloud-based applications
CIO - Software as a service (SaaS) is a reality for IT shops of all shapes and sizes. CIOs and other IT leaders need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
Here are five SaaS facts of life every tech pro should know.
1. SaaS is here to stay. Software as a service (SaaS) is well past the curiosity stage and the hype cycle, with many companies now using several or even dozens of cloud services to run their business processes.
The IT challenge now is figuring out how to govern a company's growing SaaS portfolios with the same rigor and attention that's given to on-premise software.
2. There's an app for (managing) that. Software vendors are delivering more specialized SaaS products to help CIOs wrangle their cloud applications. Okta, for example, is a startup that provides a cloud-based identity-management platform that lets users sign into all their SaaS applications in one place.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- The Opportunities and Challenges of the Cloud In this report F5 poses questions to IDC analysts, Sally Hudson and Phil Hochmuth, on behalf of F5's customers to better understand the...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!