5 Things IT Pros Need to Know About SaaS Governance
CIOs need strong tools to manage a growing portfolio of cloud-based applications
CIO - Software as a service (SaaS) is a reality for IT shops of all shapes and sizes. CIOs and other IT leaders need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
Here are five SaaS facts of life every tech pro should know.
1. SaaS is here to stay. Software as a service (SaaS) is well past the curiosity stage and the hype cycle, with many companies now using several or even dozens of cloud services to run their business processes.
The IT challenge now is figuring out how to govern a company's growing SaaS portfolios with the same rigor and attention that's given to on-premise software.
2. There's an app for (managing) that. Software vendors are delivering more specialized SaaS products to help CIOs wrangle their cloud applications. Okta, for example, is a startup that provides a cloud-based identity-management platform that lets users sign into all their SaaS applications in one place.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Contact Center Technologies Implementing the right customer contact center tools can boost customer satisfaction and drive down costs. This guide highlights the technologies that are transforming...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- PST Archiving: What is it and How is it Done? Learn more about what PST data is, the risks relating to it, and how the new PST Archiving feature in the Simpana 10... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts