5 Things IT Pros Need to Know About SaaS Governance
CIOs need strong tools to manage a growing portfolio of cloud-based applications
CIO - Software as a service (SaaS) is a reality for IT shops of all shapes and sizes. CIOs and other IT leaders need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
Here are five SaaS facts of life every tech pro should know.
1. SaaS is here to stay. Software as a service (SaaS) is well past the curiosity stage and the hype cycle, with many companies now using several or even dozens of cloud services to run their business processes.
The IT challenge now is figuring out how to govern a company's growing SaaS portfolios with the same rigor and attention that's given to on-premise software.
2. There's an app for (managing) that. Software vendors are delivering more specialized SaaS products to help CIOs wrangle their cloud applications. Okta, for example, is a startup that provides a cloud-based identity-management platform that lets users sign into all their SaaS applications in one place.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service Modern organizations are under intense pressure to provide accurate, reliable, and speedy financial information to business decision-makers. Furthermore, complying with global standards has...
- Cloud for Business Managers in Midsize Organizations: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly Read this independent research report to learn how business managers around the world are using Cloud applications.
- Cloud Computing eGuide In this eGuide, CIO, Computerworld, and InfoWorld offer advice, tips, news, and predictions regarding cloud implementations in the coming year and beyond. Read...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts