ZTE smartphone's huge screen is designed for small hands
Grand Memo's Mi-POP feature creates a small set of controls wherever is most comfortable
IDG News Service - China's ZTE debuted a smartphone with a 5.7-in. screen dubbed the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Monday. It's a follow up to its 5-in. Grand S smartphone that the company introduced at CES last month.
To see the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress, watch a video on YouTube.
For those with small hands, ZTE offers Mi-POP, a small set of controls that appear on the screen whenever is most comfortable for users. The back, home, menu and customizable buttons fall under the user's thumb for easy navigation. There's also a single-handed keyboard and a smaller dial pad.
The phone runs Android Jelly Bean and includes a 3200 mAh battery, more than double the capacity of that in the iPhone 5, which sports a screen almost two inches smaller. The ZTE phone also has a 13 megapixel camera.
Chinese smartphone makers are blurring the lines between smartphones and tablets. ZTE's Grand Memo at 5.7 in. joins Huawei's Ascend Mate at 6.1 in..
- Enterprise Mobility Management Checklist Read this checklist for tips and considerations when creating your own Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategy.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- The Forrester Wave™: File Sync And Share Platforms, Q3 2013 Download this Analyst report to read why IBM SmartCloud for Social Business was cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: File Sync...
- Brunswick Case Study By implementing IBM SmartCloud services, Brunswick estimates that it avoided hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital expenditures, and is saving up to...
- Client Management: Simplifying Life for System Admins Watch this brief webinar to hear how implementing a client management strategy not only overcomes common Apple-ization challenges related to data protection &...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel... All Tablets White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!