ZTE smartphone's huge screen is designed for small hands
Grand Memo's Mi-POP feature creates a small set of controls wherever is most comfortable
IDG News Service - China's ZTE debuted a smartphone with a 5.7-in. screen dubbed the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Monday. It's a follow up to its 5-in. Grand S smartphone that the company introduced at CES last month.
To see the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress, watch a video on YouTube.
For those with small hands, ZTE offers Mi-POP, a small set of controls that appear on the screen whenever is most comfortable for users. The back, home, menu and customizable buttons fall under the user's thumb for easy navigation. There's also a single-handed keyboard and a smaller dial pad.
The phone runs Android Jelly Bean and includes a 3200 mAh battery, more than double the capacity of that in the iPhone 5, which sports a screen almost two inches smaller. The ZTE phone also has a 13 megapixel camera.
Chinese smartphone makers are blurring the lines between smartphones and tablets. ZTE's Grand Memo at 5.7 in. joins Huawei's Ascend Mate at 6.1 in..
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Tablets White Papers | Webcasts