ZTE smartphone's huge screen is designed for small hands
Grand Memo's Mi-POP feature creates a small set of controls wherever is most comfortable
IDG News Service - China's ZTE debuted a smartphone with a 5.7-in. screen dubbed the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Monday. It's a follow up to its 5-in. Grand S smartphone that the company introduced at CES last month.
To see the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress, watch a video on YouTube.
For those with small hands, ZTE offers Mi-POP, a small set of controls that appear on the screen whenever is most comfortable for users. The back, home, menu and customizable buttons fall under the user's thumb for easy navigation. There's also a single-handed keyboard and a smaller dial pad.
The phone runs Android Jelly Bean and includes a 3200 mAh battery, more than double the capacity of that in the iPhone 5, which sports a screen almost two inches smaller. The ZTE phone also has a 13 megapixel camera.
Chinese smartphone makers are blurring the lines between smartphones and tablets. ZTE's Grand Memo at 5.7 in. joins Huawei's Ascend Mate at 6.1 in..
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts