ZTE smartphone's huge screen is designed for small hands
Grand Memo's Mi-POP feature creates a small set of controls wherever is most comfortable
IDG News Service - China's ZTE debuted a smartphone with a 5.7-in. screen dubbed the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Monday. It's a follow up to its 5-in. Grand S smartphone that the company introduced at CES last month.
To see the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress, watch a video on YouTube.
For those with small hands, ZTE offers Mi-POP, a small set of controls that appear on the screen whenever is most comfortable for users. The back, home, menu and customizable buttons fall under the user's thumb for easy navigation. There's also a single-handed keyboard and a smaller dial pad.
The phone runs Android Jelly Bean and includes a 3200 mAh battery, more than double the capacity of that in the iPhone 5, which sports a screen almost two inches smaller. The ZTE phone also has a 13 megapixel camera.
Chinese smartphone makers are blurring the lines between smartphones and tablets. ZTE's Grand Memo at 5.7 in. joins Huawei's Ascend Mate at 6.1 in..
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
As emerging technologies evolve they often find an initial niche in highly specialized scenarios, or in specific industry verticals, before expanding to wider areas of applicability. Within these initial niches, the early adopters can be anything from digital enthusiasts to fashionistas, or they can be folks simply using the technology because it serves a specific need extremely well. (free registration required) more