Apple hit by malware attack
The company said it has found no evidence that the attackers stole any data
IDG News Service - Apple on Tuesday said it was a victim of a malware attack when a small number of systems inside the company were compromised.
The malware attack was tied to a vulnerability in a Java plug-in for browsers, Apple said in a statement sent via email.
"There is no evidence that any data left Apple. We are working closely with law enforcement to find the source of the malware," the statement reads.
Apple isolated the infected systems from its network.
The malware reached Apple computers through a website for software developers. The same malware is also tied to recent malware attacks against Facebook.
Apple is releasing a tool that scans Macs and removes the Java malware. Oracle has also released an update to Java that fixes the vulnerability.
Security concerns prompted Apple to stop adding Java to the operating system by default starting with Mac OS X Lion. However, users can install it independently. If Java is installed, it is automatically disabled after 35 days if not used.
- 2013 Cyber Risk Report The "Cyber risk report 2013 Executive summary" presents the major findings of HP Security Research's comprehensive dive into today's cyber vulnerability and threat...
- Platfora Big Data Analytics for Network Security Platfora amplifies the effectiveness of network security analysis, providing Big Data Analytics capability to augment existing security infrastructure for known threats, and advanced...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Cyberwarfare White Papers | Webcasts