- 2013 Premier 100 IT Leaders: On the fast track
- Class of 2013 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: The Premier 100 as entrepreneurial leaders
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2013
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 3-5, 2013
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leader: Henry J. Sienkiewicz
A massive agency relocation prompts an opportunity to redesign support
Computerworld - Delivering a competitive advantage is a matter of national security for Henry J. Sienkiewicz, vice chief information assurance executive at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
The scope and complexity of the task are significant: DISA has more than 7,000 civilian and active-duty employees and hosts approximately 1,000 applications. Sienkiewicz, 49, who took his current post last May after two years as DISA CIO, focuses on cyberstrategy, security, policy and workforce development. He also makes the final determination as to whether systems are cyber-ready. Layered onto that, he says, is his agency's duty to be a good steward of the public's money.
One of the most significant projects that Sienkiewicz has led during his time at DISA is the agency's move from the Washington area to its new facility at Fort Meade, Md. He described it as "the orchestrated delivery of a $90 million IT infrastructure." It was also an opportunity to redesign how DISA supports its internal infrastructure.
"Mr. Sienkiewicz's strengths include his sense of work ethic and mission focus, and his ability to rapidly analyze complex problems and create actionable plans," says Mark Orndorff, DISA's chief information assurance executive.
Sienkiewicz says his plans for the future include developing a "more highly trained cyberworkforce at all skills levels, and for all functional areas."
More on the 2013 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Defense throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle with Alert Logic Threat and Log Manager New security threats are emerging all the time, from new forms of malware and web application exploits that target code vulnerabilities to attacks...
- QA Automation: Reducing Test Execution While Improving Coverage A leading capital investment firm in the US was in need of a comprehensive, cost effective and flexible solution to reduce their existing...
- Protect your brand with Alert Logic PCI DSS compliance solutions Alert logic's cloud-powered solutions help organizations that process, store or transmit credit card data eliminate the burden of PCI compliance. This product brief...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the...
- Princess Cruises collaborates across the globe in the IBM cloud Norm Ayers, Director of Emergency Response and Social Projects at Princess Cruises explains how IBM and Cloud helped the company rapidly scale its... All Management White Papers | Webcasts