- 2013 Premier 100 IT Leaders: On the fast track
- Class of 2013 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: The Premier 100 as entrepreneurial leaders
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2013
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 3-5, 2013
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leader: Henry J. Sienkiewicz
A massive agency relocation prompts an opportunity to redesign support
Computerworld - Delivering a competitive advantage is a matter of national security for Henry J. Sienkiewicz, vice chief information assurance executive at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
The scope and complexity of the task are significant: DISA has more than 7,000 civilian and active-duty employees and hosts approximately 1,000 applications. Sienkiewicz, 49, who took his current post last May after two years as DISA CIO, focuses on cyberstrategy, security, policy and workforce development. He also makes the final determination as to whether systems are cyber-ready. Layered onto that, he says, is his agency's duty to be a good steward of the public's money.
One of the most significant projects that Sienkiewicz has led during his time at DISA is the agency's move from the Washington area to its new facility at Fort Meade, Md. He described it as "the orchestrated delivery of a $90 million IT infrastructure." It was also an opportunity to redesign how DISA supports its internal infrastructure.
"Mr. Sienkiewicz's strengths include his sense of work ethic and mission focus, and his ability to rapidly analyze complex problems and create actionable plans," says Mark Orndorff, DISA's chief information assurance executive.
Sienkiewicz says his plans for the future include developing a "more highly trained cyberworkforce at all skills levels, and for all functional areas."
More on the 2013 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts