- 2013 Premier 100 IT Leaders: On the fast track
- Class of 2013 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: The Premier 100 as entrepreneurial leaders
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2013
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 3-5, 2013
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leader: Henry J. Sienkiewicz
A massive agency relocation prompts an opportunity to redesign support
Computerworld - Delivering a competitive advantage is a matter of national security for Henry J. Sienkiewicz, vice chief information assurance executive at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
The scope and complexity of the task are significant: DISA has more than 7,000 civilian and active-duty employees and hosts approximately 1,000 applications. Sienkiewicz, 49, who took his current post last May after two years as DISA CIO, focuses on cyberstrategy, security, policy and workforce development. He also makes the final determination as to whether systems are cyber-ready. Layered onto that, he says, is his agency's duty to be a good steward of the public's money.
One of the most significant projects that Sienkiewicz has led during his time at DISA is the agency's move from the Washington area to its new facility at Fort Meade, Md. He described it as "the orchestrated delivery of a $90 million IT infrastructure." It was also an opportunity to redesign how DISA supports its internal infrastructure.
"Mr. Sienkiewicz's strengths include his sense of work ethic and mission focus, and his ability to rapidly analyze complex problems and create actionable plans," says Mark Orndorff, DISA's chief information assurance executive.
Sienkiewicz says his plans for the future include developing a "more highly trained cyberworkforce at all skills levels, and for all functional areas."
More on the 2013 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Is a SaaS Deployment Right for You? Find out the answer and as well as the other deployment options.
- Discover How Mail Express Solves 2 of Your Biggest IT Headaches Email. It can be the source of some of IT's biggest headaches. As it eats up storage and bandwidth, it also opens up...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts