- 2013 Premier 100 IT Leaders: On the fast track
- Class of 2013 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: The Premier 100 as entrepreneurial leaders
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2013
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 3-5, 2013
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leaders: Lucille Mayer and Ramaswamy Nagappan
These co-CIOs drive efficiencies by unifying IT frameworks
Computerworld - The co-CIOs at Pershing have to juggle the demands of the Jersey City, N.J-based company's 1,500 clients, for whom they provide IT services. Those clients -- global financial services firms, investment advisers, banks and insurance companies -- must comply with a variety of laws and regulations. But they also need tools that enable them to operate efficiently and give them competitive advantages.
That's what co-CIOs Ramaswamy Nagappan, 52, and Lucille Mayer, 50, aim to deliver. "As a solution provider in IT, we help to consolidate those requirements into a unified framework so it's very efficient for our customers," says Nagappan. They recently followed that approach in the development of Pershing's task management system, which allows users to define their standard operating procedures and workflow and drive the flow of applications according to those task lists.
"Now the challenge isn't just what's inside the active functionality, but how do you leverage the device to your advantage," says Mayer.
"Ram and Lucille have also been responsible for taking Pershing global with technology developments," says Pershing Chief Operating Officer Ron DeCicco. "All these contributions are aligned with our objectives of staying on the cutting edge of changes in technology."
More on the 2013 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts