- 2013 Premier 100 IT Leaders: On the fast track
- Class of 2013 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: The Premier 100 as entrepreneurial leaders
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2013
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 3-5, 2013
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leader profile: Kevin Chase
A drive for continuous improvement pays off in business success
Computerworld - Kevin Chase has three objectives as CIO and senior vice president at Dallas-based Energy Future Holdings. He wants IT to do the following: understand the business units' top priorities and deliver systems that allow them to achieve those goals, continue its drive for operational excellence and system reliability, and consistently and constantly evaluate and minimize risk.
Chase, 44, who oversees IT for corporate operations as well as two of the company's three business divisions, Luminant and TXU Energy, says those objectives guide the IT projects. And his list of recent projects is extensive. It includes replacing systems supporting supply chain management, asset management, work management and financial planning at Luminant as well as those supporting revenue management, customer care, marketing and sales at TXU.
Those projects increased reliability, improved controls and lowered costs, he says.
And those improvements have driven corporate success, says Energy Future Holdings CEO John Young. "[Last year] was a record year across many parts of EFH, Luminant and TXU," he says. "The IT organization, under Kevin's leadership, played a critical role in that success, especially in the areas of operational excellence and delivery of new strategic projects."
Even though he has already accomplished quite a bit, Chase isn't resting. "The most important projects we want to work on are the ones most critical to the business," he says.
More on the 2013 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- The Next Generation Employee Experience This white paper from IBM, showcases five organizations that are strategically integrating emerging social software and tools with their existing investments and seeing...
- Jyske Bank extends brand message to more than one million visitors a month IBM WebSphere Portal software helps bank offer a clearly differentiated digital experience
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Management White Papers | Webcasts