- 2013 Premier 100 IT Leaders: On the fast track
- Class of 2013 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: The Premier 100 as entrepreneurial leaders
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2013
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 3-5, 2013
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leader profile: Kevin Chase
A drive for continuous improvement pays off in business success
Computerworld - Kevin Chase has three objectives as CIO and senior vice president at Dallas-based Energy Future Holdings. He wants IT to do the following: understand the business units' top priorities and deliver systems that allow them to achieve those goals, continue its drive for operational excellence and system reliability, and consistently and constantly evaluate and minimize risk.
Chase, 44, who oversees IT for corporate operations as well as two of the company's three business divisions, Luminant and TXU Energy, says those objectives guide the IT projects. And his list of recent projects is extensive. It includes replacing systems supporting supply chain management, asset management, work management and financial planning at Luminant as well as those supporting revenue management, customer care, marketing and sales at TXU.
Those projects increased reliability, improved controls and lowered costs, he says.
And those improvements have driven corporate success, says Energy Future Holdings CEO John Young. "[Last year] was a record year across many parts of EFH, Luminant and TXU," he says. "The IT organization, under Kevin's leadership, played a critical role in that success, especially in the areas of operational excellence and delivery of new strategic projects."
Even though he has already accomplished quite a bit, Chase isn't resting. "The most important projects we want to work on are the ones most critical to the business," he says.
More on the 2013 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Global Growing Pains: Tapping into B2B Integration Services to Overcome Global Expansion Challenges A recent survey by IDG Research explored both the challenges and pain points companies face when growing globally, as well as the capabilities...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Defense throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle with Alert Logic Threat and Log Manager New security threats are emerging all the time, from new forms of malware and web application exploits that target code vulnerabilities to attacks...
- QA Automation: Reducing Test Execution While Improving Coverage A leading capital investment firm in the US was in need of a comprehensive, cost effective and flexible solution to reduce their existing...
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the... All Management White Papers | Webcasts