- 2013 Premier 100 IT Leaders: On the fast track
- Class of 2013 Yearbook. A photo gallery, along with honorees' predictions, projects and more.
- Editorial: The Premier 100 as entrepreneurial leaders
- Honor Roll: View Premier 100 IT Leader alumni from 2000 to 2013
- Learn from the Elite. Join honorees at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference March 3-5, 2013
- Know an IT Leader? Nominate that person for next year's list.
- Editor's Picks: Revitalize your career with Computerworld's best stories on leadership.
- How we chose the honorees.
Premier 100 IT Leader profile: Kevin Chase
A drive for continuous improvement pays off in business success
Computerworld - Kevin Chase has three objectives as CIO and senior vice president at Dallas-based Energy Future Holdings. He wants IT to do the following: understand the business units' top priorities and deliver systems that allow them to achieve those goals, continue its drive for operational excellence and system reliability, and consistently and constantly evaluate and minimize risk.
Chase, 44, who oversees IT for corporate operations as well as two of the company's three business divisions, Luminant and TXU Energy, says those objectives guide the IT projects. And his list of recent projects is extensive. It includes replacing systems supporting supply chain management, asset management, work management and financial planning at Luminant as well as those supporting revenue management, customer care, marketing and sales at TXU.
Those projects increased reliability, improved controls and lowered costs, he says.
And those improvements have driven corporate success, says Energy Future Holdings CEO John Young. "[Last year] was a record year across many parts of EFH, Luminant and TXU," he says. "The IT organization, under Kevin's leadership, played a critical role in that success, especially in the areas of operational excellence and delivery of new strategic projects."
Even though he has already accomplished quite a bit, Chase isn't resting. "The most important projects we want to work on are the ones most critical to the business," he says.
More on the 2013 Premier 100
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Is a SaaS Deployment Right for You? Find out the answer and as well as the other deployment options.
- Discover How Mail Express Solves 2 of Your Biggest IT Headaches Email. It can be the source of some of IT's biggest headaches. As it eats up storage and bandwidth, it also opens up...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts