Cyberstalking with LinkedIn
Even with just small bits of information, you can find the person you forgot to grab a business card from
IDG News Service - You just left cocktail hour or a networking event and forgot to grab a business card from the person you'd been chatting with. Don't kick yourself. Instead, log on to LinkedIn to do some cyberstalking. It's a much better resource than Facebook, because with just bits and pieces of information, you're still likely to be able to find your target.
See a screencast of this how-to on YouTube.
The big benefit of using LinkedIn to search for someone is that users generally want to be found, unlike some users on Facebook who exclude themselves from search or messaging. Many LinkedIn members also display a picture of themselves. With more than 200 million members, there's a good chance you will find the person you're seeking.
Usually a first name, company and geographic location will help you find your target the fastest.
Start by opening the LinkedIn home screen and clicking on "advanced" next to the search box in the top right-hand corner. On the advanced search page, enter in as much information as you can. If you don't remember a name, sometimes just a company and location will present you with enough results to jog your memory.
In the title and company fields, you have the option to choose "current" or "past," depending on whether a person currently works at a certain company or holds a specific title, or if it was something further down the rA(c)sumA(c).
Members with a premium account will have additional options in advanced search, including sorting by seniority level, years of experience and company size.
- Social Media Education: The New Edge for Success Failure to train for social media will cost your business money. A recent report showed how digitally prepared companies can unlock up to...
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!