Indian trade group forecasts outsourcing services recovery
India's outsourcing services business likely grow by 12% to 14% to $84 billion to $87 billion next year
IDG News Service - India's provision of outsourcing services to other countries will grow by 12% to 14% in the fiscal year starting April 1, a trade body predicted Tuesday.
Demand for outsourcing services has been slowly picking up, according to analysts. Top Indian outsourcing companies including Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys reported better revenue and profit growth in the fourth calendar quarter of last year.
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) now forecasts that India's exports of software and services will be between $84 billion to $87 billion in the Indian fiscal year from April 2013 to March 2014.
Exports are expected to reach $75.8 billion in the current fiscal year, a year-on-year growth rate of 10.2 per cent, Nasscom said.
Analysts have forecast an improvement in India's outsourcing industry, which was hit for many quarters by shrinking budgets and a slowdown in decision making by customers in the U.S. and Europe.
The offshore market for outsourced services is expected to grow by 12% to 15% this year, as more customers are expected to increase IT spending, according to research firm Offshore Insights.
But to bag the new business, companies will have to move from a revenue model that is largely dependent on the number of people working on a project to one that is based on intellectual property and replicable processes, outsourcing executives said.
Customers also prefer that their suppliers are located close to their operations in key markets in the U.S. and Europe, which will require larger expenditure on setting up facilities and local hires in these countries, said Ashok Vemuri, head of Americas at Infosys, during a recent interview.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Is a SaaS Deployment Right for You? Find out the answer and as well as the other deployment options.
- Discover How Mail Express Solves 2 of Your Biggest IT Headaches Email. It can be the source of some of IT's biggest headaches. As it eats up storage and bandwidth, it also opens up...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts