Indian trade group forecasts outsourcing services recovery
India's outsourcing services business likely grow by 12% to 14% to $84 billion to $87 billion next year
IDG News Service - India's provision of outsourcing services to other countries will grow by 12% to 14% in the fiscal year starting April 1, a trade body predicted Tuesday.
Demand for outsourcing services has been slowly picking up, according to analysts. Top Indian outsourcing companies including Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys reported better revenue and profit growth in the fourth calendar quarter of last year.
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) now forecasts that India's exports of software and services will be between $84 billion to $87 billion in the Indian fiscal year from April 2013 to March 2014.
Exports are expected to reach $75.8 billion in the current fiscal year, a year-on-year growth rate of 10.2 per cent, Nasscom said.
Analysts have forecast an improvement in India's outsourcing industry, which was hit for many quarters by shrinking budgets and a slowdown in decision making by customers in the U.S. and Europe.
The offshore market for outsourced services is expected to grow by 12% to 15% this year, as more customers are expected to increase IT spending, according to research firm Offshore Insights.
But to bag the new business, companies will have to move from a revenue model that is largely dependent on the number of people working on a project to one that is based on intellectual property and replicable processes, outsourcing executives said.
Customers also prefer that their suppliers are located close to their operations in key markets in the U.S. and Europe, which will require larger expenditure on setting up facilities and local hires in these countries, said Ashok Vemuri, head of Americas at Infosys, during a recent interview.
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Defense throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle with Alert Logic Threat and Log Manager New security threats are emerging all the time, from new forms of malware and web application exploits that target code vulnerabilities to attacks...
- QA Automation: Reducing Test Execution While Improving Coverage A leading capital investment firm in the US was in need of a comprehensive, cost effective and flexible solution to reduce their existing...
- Protect your brand with Alert Logic PCI DSS compliance solutions Alert logic's cloud-powered solutions help organizations that process, store or transmit credit card data eliminate the burden of PCI compliance. This product brief...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the...
- Princess Cruises collaborates across the globe in the IBM cloud Norm Ayers, Director of Emergency Response and Social Projects at Princess Cruises explains how IBM and Cloud helped the company rapidly scale its... All Management White Papers | Webcasts