Go Daddy buys maker of mobile app for website creation
Go Daddy finds small businesses increasingly using their mobile devices to manage their online presence
IDG News Service - Web hosting provider and domain name registrar Go Daddy has acquired M.dot, the developer of a mobile app for website creation and management by small businesses.
Compatible with Apple's iPhone and iPad, the app will help Go Daddy's customers who are increasingly using their smartphones to manage their online presence as a means to find and acquire customers, the company said Monday.
"M.dot will now get discovered and utilized by many more small businesses and will help them build and promote their mobile presence and become successful online -- wherever they are," the startup said on its website. The app allows businesses to create mobile-optimized websites on their own domains.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
M.dot was founded by Dominik Balogh and Pavel Serbajlo in June last year.
The M.dot app offers mobile website creation using preloaded templates with custom features, such as store location, driving directions, tap-to-call, galleries, business hours and price lists in a user-interface designed for mobile device screens. It also includes a blog feature, which allows users to write and insert photos and video, and integrates with Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube and Dropbox.
The M.dot team will operate out of Go Daddy's Silicon Valley office, which is its major new center of engineering and product design, the company said.
Go Daddy in Scottsdale, Arizona, said in December it planned to take advantage of its scale, technology and brand to expand through partnerships and acquisitions aimed at helping small businesses succeed online.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!