Yahoo strikes global ad deal with Google
Google ads will appear on Yahoo websites under a deal signed recently by the companies
IDG News Service - Yahoo has signed a global advertising deal with Google that will result in Google ads appearing on some of Yahoo's websites, the companies announced Wednesday.
The alliance could be good for both companies, providing Google with additional real estate on which to run its ads and netting Yahoo more ads that it can use to fill its many Web properties, which include Yahoo Sports and Yahoo News.
The deal comes seven months after Marissa Mayer, formerly one of Google's top executives, took over the CEO job at Yahoo.
It's not unusual for competing search engines to forge alliances. Yahoo already has a broad search and advertising partnership with Microsoft, though that deal hasn't paid off for Yahoo as well as it had hoped.
Yahoo gave few details of its partnership with Google in a blog post. It's a global, non-exclusive agreement in which Google ads will appear on "various Yahoo properties and certain cobranded sites" using Google's AdSense for Content and AdMob services, the blog said.
"By adding Google to our list of world-class contextual ads partners, we'll be able to expand our network, which means we can serve users with ads that are even more meaningful," Yahoo said.
Yahoo said there won't be a noticeable difference for users in the way ads appear.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Internet Search White Papers | Webcasts