Yahoo strikes global ad deal with Google
Google ads will appear on Yahoo websites under a deal signed recently by the companies
IDG News Service - Yahoo has signed a global advertising deal with Google that will result in Google ads appearing on some of Yahoo's websites, the companies announced Wednesday.
The alliance could be good for both companies, providing Google with additional real estate on which to run its ads and netting Yahoo more ads that it can use to fill its many Web properties, which include Yahoo Sports and Yahoo News.
The deal comes seven months after Marissa Mayer, formerly one of Google's top executives, took over the CEO job at Yahoo.
It's not unusual for competing search engines to forge alliances. Yahoo already has a broad search and advertising partnership with Microsoft, though that deal hasn't paid off for Yahoo as well as it had hoped.
Yahoo gave few details of its partnership with Google in a blog post. It's a global, non-exclusive agreement in which Google ads will appear on "various Yahoo properties and certain cobranded sites" using Google's AdSense for Content and AdMob services, the blog said.
"By adding Google to our list of world-class contextual ads partners, we'll be able to expand our network, which means we can serve users with ads that are even more meaningful," Yahoo said.
Yahoo said there won't be a noticeable difference for users in the way ads appear.
- Protecting Data in a Virtual World AppAssure helps organizations transform backup and recovery operations for virtual and hybrid environments.
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All Internet Search White Papers | Webcasts