Business Intelligence and Analytics' in 2013: Perfect Analysis
IDG News Service - Analytics and its usage is on the rise. Are partners equipped to ride this wave?
Enterprise solution providers are keen to explore the colossal business opportunities in business intelligence and analytics this year. Channelworld's State of the MArt 2013 survey findings are a clear indicator. More than 78 percent of respondents (channel partners) expect IT spend to grow in areas of BI and analytics in 2013. This statistic is similar to mobility and only second to security among the most preferred technologies in terms of IT spends by Indian organizations.
According to IDC, worldwide revenues for business analytics market in 2011 grew 14.1 percent year-on-year. Of the three primary segments, data warehousing platform software segment grew the fastest in 2011 at 15.2 percent year-on-year, followed by the analytic applications segment at 13.3 percent. BI and analytic tools segment grew 13.2 percent.
"There's a lot of unstructured data in terms of volume and velocity. The variety directly impacts businesses. The need to sort data has become vital as the pressure on businesses mount amidst diminishing margins in such a competitive world," says Sanchit Vir Gogia, Principal Analyst, IDC India. Hence the need for BI
and analytics becomes imperative,
What's new for Partners?
Mumbai-based AGS Sundyne Technologies has been deploying customized BI solutions across retail and telecom for the past couple of years. "The installation of POS software included an entire managed services project with POS infrastructure at a leading retail conglomerate. Hence the BI solution was developed by our team as an interface over existing OEM softwares to help the customer stay ahead of competition," says Sandeep Gandhi, MD, AGS Sundyne Technologies.
BI and analytics contributes between five and ten percent of overall revenues, AGS Sundyne will target IT/ITeS and Government in 2013 for these technologies. "The contribution is not much as of now but it is a good margin domain," says Gandhi.
VDA Infosolutions, an EMC partner, is engaged in putting a business plan in place to explore data analytics with Greenplum (now EMC) portfolio. "We expect tier-1 organizations to look seriously at data analytics solutions apart from cloud," says Ashutosh Deuskar, Director, VDA Infosolutions.
Coimbatore-based eCAPS Computers too has identified BI and analytics as a new focus technology for the new year. The saturation of hardware/software services market and dwindling margins is the key reason, says Partheeban, Director, eCAPS Computers, to look at BI as a new area. The lower end of the market has become highly competitive as there will be no or minimal buying of entry level solutions for next three to five years,
"As we are focused on datacenter deployments around servers and storage, analytics makes perfect business sense as the data growth needs to be stored effectively and intelligently at the enterprise end," says Deuskar.
Beyond traditional analytics and warehouse tools, businesses are feeling the impact of social analytics, which does not mean the twitters and facebooks of the world. "The fork in the road is happening. Many traditional systems integrators already deploy BI and enterprise data warehousing tools. Social analytics using traditional toolset of BI to understand newer data types at customer end is a great opportunity to look forward for partners." says Gogia.
eCAPS is in talks with potential BI vendors. "The plan is to deep sell BI and analytics to the existing customers and then educate the new customers," says Partheeban.
"We will be upgrading existing technical manpower for our foray into analytics and also recruit few resources," adds Deuskar of VDA.
The Early Adopters
"Analytics is aggressively for any customer facing industry which demands customer loyalty. Retail is an important segment as large format players are positioning their footprint in India," says Gogia.
"IT governance is becoming a crucial issue for organizations which involves IT asset management, IT accounting, and extends to functions like procurement details. These IT-enabled services need to be effectively enhanced by proper use of BI tools," says Gandhi.
BFSI and IT/ITeS are the early adopters of analytics for VDA Infosolutions. "We are in talks with at least four customers in the western region," says Deuskar.
Customer segment analysis and network analysis across telecom is picking up as price becomes important as a value added service offering. Use of analytics is popular across BFSI and especially network analysis for insurance sector.
BI and analytics are moving to mobile devices but at a slow pace says Gogia. "In terms of priority for enterprises to introduce cross platforms, BI is not first as volume for its usage is not very huge. CRM and ERP are the first ones," he reasons.
"This will be a huge market in the coming years. But the earlier we explore this trend the better it is for us," says Deuskar.
- Fast and Furious: How SAS VA Helps IT Deliver BI Platform Read this whitepaper to learn more about the benefits of self-service BI to make business critical decisions.
- API Playbook: Drive API Adoption Through Developer Engagement Learn the best practices of how to engage developers, whether your goal is to attract external developers to your public APIs or improve...
- Leverage the Power of APIs to Turbocharge Your Mobile Strategy: 7 Steps to a Successful API Program In this guide, Intel® Services-which offers industry-leading API management solutions for over 150 top enterprises, including Best Buy, Netflix, Expedia, ESPN, and The...
- IDG Research Survey: Are you Paying Too Much for Your NMS? Feel like you're paying too much for network monitoring? You're not alone. This survey brief summarizes findings from research recently fielded by IDG...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Tips to Simplify Database Administration and Development Make your job easier while getting the most from the leading productivity tool for database professionals. Learn tips from Dell Software's Oracle® ACE,... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts